Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
4 registered (Obi, 3 invisible), 17 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64156 Topics
447663 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#432074 - 04/22/13 12:28 PM I need some advice.. sorry if in wrong section
SonOfaSoldier Offline

Loc: Minnesota
I don't really have a friend here yet, but everyone here seems nice. I thought this is the best place to post this. Maybe with others who have a good idea of this might have good advice.

Ok my father is not always the best support, but I still look up to him more than he may realize. I have told my parents in the past of things 'hat have happened, and also about me being transgender. Mom is supportive, but neither went well with my dad. It happened six times that they know of, but due to my father's reactions I'm scared to tell him about the seventh and what had led up to me losing my apartment.

I know my dad loves me, he just had a habit of being a hardass about life. I think I might have taken after that to a point. But when it comes to that part of my past, he acts like I should have been able to defend myself. I had tried, fear intervened. I feel like I failed him again..

#432588 - 04/26/13 10:25 PM " [Re: SonOfaSoldier]
lbcali1978 Offline
MaleSurvivor

"

Edited by lbcali1978 (04/29/13 02:14 AM)

Come home

I said

I'm confused and alone

They said

We understand

I found out they don't

I'll walk the path exactly how I've always done it

Alone

#432744 - 04/28/13 12:27 PM Re: I need some advice.. sorry if in wrong section [Re: SonOfaSoldier]
sugarbaby Offline

Quote:
....he acts like I should have been able to defend myself.

My H's parents did something similar. I believe it was more of a way to deflect their own feeling of guilt for not protecting him. It seemed it was a pretty tough pill to swallow for them, and I would imagine most parents, but time (four years actually) seemed to help them work through that.

#432776 - 04/28/13 07:02 PM Re: I need some advice.. sorry if in wrong section [Re: SonOfaSoldier]
Airmid Offline

Loc: South
As a survivor married to a survivor...yes. Just yes.

My family denied like your father has, and I'm now no-contact with them because their denial kept re-victimizing me emotionally, along with other actions they've taken that directly placed my well-being and my family in poor situations. I needed (and still need) the distance from them until both my husband and I are healed more.

My husband's family avoids and talks in generalizations. They talk 'around' topics. I don't blame him for not disclosing; he's blamed by their subject-changing, etc.

It could be their shame, or guilt, sure. All I can say (from the f experience in healing and from supporting my husband is: work on you. That's all you can do.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.