Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deaddreamer (41), hkkim (55), tony watashi (44)
Who's Online
5 registered (Obi, gatoonfanatic, 3 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63427 Topics
443416 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#431780 - 04/19/13 05:16 PM Re: Charlie [Re: lapchinj]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Originally Posted By: lapchinj
I have a pet that I'm protecting but again I have no name for him.

Dude...... You should name him!!!. Seriously dude, just for the hell of it if nothing else. A pet doesn't have to curl up on your bed at night for it to have a name, or even be a pet at all. I've named plenty of animals that I didn't even have any claim to. For example, when I was a kid we spent two weeks every summer at my grandpa's condo in Florida. (That's where we were when my parents told me they got rid of Lady.) That condo was on a golf course and one particular summer, there was a small alligator that we kept seeing in one of the water hazards close to the condo. Just for those two weeks, that alligator became "Ozzie the Alligator."

My brother and I even named a bush one time. When I was in my late teens, there was a bush at the end of one of my neighbors driveways that, when you looked at it in the dark, from a certain angle, it's silhouette kind of looked like a mouse-like creature with deer antlers. We named that bush-animal "The Boogley-Horned Snoople Snopper." Yeah, no shit, we really did. (We dropped acid and smoked a lot of weed back then.)

Anyway, yeah, why not name it? It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Hell, you could just call it Mr. Kitty. Or Bob. Naming animals if fun! Take care. Peace,

Ken

#431852 - 04/20/13 12:04 PM Re: Charlie [Re: BraveFalcon]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Hey Ken,

I guess then it has a name. Every time I refer to "it" I call it the "cat in the corner". I like to think that he likes living at my house.

As far as naming things while dropping acid, yeah, I lived in an apartment in the village more or less for 7 years with four other kids and there was flowered wallpaper that I used to talk to the flowers. When I got into the USAF at 18 I was stationed in Virginia and me and my roommate had a dog we named snoopy. Don't ask me how we got away with that but he was cute. crazy

Anyway, I'll have to come up with a name.

Peace, Rainbows, Love & Healing
Jeff

#431870 - 04/20/13 04:17 PM Re: Charlie [Re: lapchinj]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Anyway, I'll have to come up with a name.

Coolness!

BTW, I have always maintained that acid is the one drug no one needs "help" quitting. All it takes is one bad experience with it and any desire to ever do it again is gone. You literally couldn't pay me to take a hallucinogen ever again. Other drugs I know I could have a good time with but a hallucinogen, no.

Speaking of which, in three minutes, it will be 4:20 on 4/20. Let's just say I need to go get ready to celebrate in the appropriate fashion. LOL! cool

Edited by BraveFalcon (04/20/13 04:21 PM)

#431878 - 04/20/13 05:35 PM Re: Charlie [Re: BraveFalcon]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey Ken,

This is the only dog that had a name. How we got it and were able to keep it in the barracks I don't know. Me and my roommate had a private room because we were in charge of the barracks. I had the lower floor and he had the upper floor. So we did a lot of shit there. We once brought some fucked up junky that we bought some dope off of and brought him back to the barracks. I asked my 2 friends what we're going to do with him and I passes out so I don't know what they did with the guy. I mean that guy looked like a one man railroad with the tracks he had running up and down his arms legs and neck.

Anyway, I have to show the only pet that I was ever able to play with. He used to sleep with me on the upper bunk. His name was snoopy smile.

Jeff

#431931 - 04/21/13 09:40 AM Re: Charlie [Re: lapchinj]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Hey Ken,

This is the only dog that had a name. How we got it and were able to keep it in the barracks I don't know. Me and my roommate had a private room because we were in charge of the barracks. I had the lower floor and he had the upper floor. So we did a lot of shit there. We once brought some fucked up junky that we bought some dope off of and brought him back to the barracks. I asked my 2 friends what we're going to do with him and I passes out so I don't know what they did with the guy. I mean that guy looked like a one man railroad with the tracks he had running up and down his arms legs and neck.

Anyway, I have to show the only pet that I was ever able to play with. He used to sleep with me on the upper bunk. His name was snoopy smile.

Wow, that is so completely awesome! smile I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you could never get away with that shit in today's USAF. LOL! If you don't mind my asking, where were you stationed? My brother is has been in the USAF since 1996 and recently got promoted to Senior Master Sargent. He''s been stationed at Ellsworth AFB in Rapid City, SD, MacDill AFB in Tampa, FL and will be spending the next four years stationed at Hickam AFB in Honolulu, HI. I'm sad that he and my nephews are going to be so far away but at least it'll give me an excuse to go visit Hawaii. LOL! Peace,

Ken

#431939 - 04/21/13 11:29 AM Re: Charlie [Re: BraveFalcon]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey Ken,

I was stationed at Langley AFB, HQ Tactical Air Command, Newport News, Virginia. I went in in '69, stayed about 2 years and then freaked out because a guy I was taking care of for months who had the left side of his chest blown away died. I was very close with him and he was doing fine. I was giving him therapy and helping pack his chest everyday. Then when I was going off duty for the weekend I told him I'll see him monday but monday never came for him. I remember the staff waiting for me at the elevator to report for duty that monday morning because I would go straight to his room before reporting in. So they met me and told me he passed away on Sunday and that hit me very hard until I was too freaky to work anymore. So they took me off of active duty and put me on inactive reserves. I got out in '75 when the war ended. I worked in burn wards which I think is about the worst and most stressful job I had. there was only pain and to help save those guys you had to inflict more pain by debriding the dead skin every day. I worked the flight line but I just couldn't take that kid dying. He was my age, within the few months we knew each other we were like brothers. Shit, I'm talking too much.

Anyway your brother must be a lifer. Senior Master Sargent is a pretty respectable rating, not many guys get that far so he must be good at what he does.

As for snoopy, he was our WWI ace pilot always trying to shoot down the Red Baron and no we were not allowed to have pets even though he was a WWI ace. I don't know where we got him but since we had a private room with a door and lock and not a cubicle nobody knew about snoopy except the guys in the barracks. I don't know what happened to him or when we had to give him away but he was really fun to have around.

Me and my roommate, also a new yorker, were pretty big druggies and we did have keys to the medicine cabinets but we usually bought our stuff downtown Norfolk, Virginia. So I wasn't your typical USAF airman. I was one of those hippie kids that ended up in a war where we didn't want to die in some rice paddy. I did get drafted while I was in basic training but I told them to go fuck off. Your brother made a respectable career out of the AF and that is really great. I was there mainly because I didn't want to die in a rice paddy. I was pretty fucked up by the time I got into the AF because I was still being pimped at 18 since I still looked 14.

I was a medical technician and we got all the wounded that lived in the area. I did go TDY to Andrews AFB in Maryland and there were literally hundreds of wounded. That hurt, I worked on a 50 or 75 bed (???) ward with only paraplegics and quadriplegics. It was not nice looking into those guys eyes.

Jeff

#461511 - 02/25/14 09:51 PM Re: Charlie [Re: lapchinj]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Today is my one year anniversary at MS. In commemoration of this, I am bumping two of my old threads on this board that are my favorite. That way, perhaps some of the newer members whom I've gotten to know more recently can take a peek at them.

Thanks guys for being there for the last year. Peace,

Ken

#461544 - 02/26/14 09:04 AM Re: Charlie [Re: BraveFalcon]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey ((((( Ken )))))

Wow!!! I would sing happy anniversary but I don't think it's appropriate under the circumstances we're here for. But I'm really glad that you were able to stick around and help others while helping yourself to heal, that in itself is a big accomplishment and something to be proud of. Getting involved here is a big deal for other guys, it's always a big deal to go out of your way in helping someone.

For me it was always a great help to read your posts even if I didn't have anything to add to the discussion.

It's good to see that dog in the barracks though crazy

Quote:
Thanks guys for being there for the last year. Peace

Thank you for being here smile

Peace, Rainbows, Love, Healing & Hope
Jeff

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.