Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Avyi (49), cross29min (59), Dartel (50), ernie (70), flightmedic38 (40), jggab (42), kev (66)
Who's Online
4 registered (lapchinj, 3 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63569 Topics
444133 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#431292 - 04/15/13 03:15 AM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: concerned_husky]
crazy gecko Offline

When I was a little kid, I had a brown stuffed bear that I also simply called "bear". He was a gift from my grandma. I had very few toys, which made him all the more special. I remember crying when I wasn't allowed to take him with me to school...

He got lost somewhere in the transition to foster care, sadly. I have always chosen to believe that he stayed behind at the children's home, comforting other lost and abandoned children. Perhaps he is still there today, giving comfort like only a stuffed bear can.

Perhaps he is real by now, like the velveteen rabit smile

Thank you for reminding me of my little bear. The memory made my smile. I don't spend nearly enough time on the happy memories from my childhood. It is so easy to get so caught up in all the painful memories that the happy ones are forgotten...

PS. I agree - no embarrassment is needed. Shortly after her mom passed, my daughter gave me one of her stuffed animals as a gift, to keep me company at night so I wouldn't be lonely. (How sweet is that?) It was an orange cat with a huge, goofy smile on its face. I slept with that cat for months, and yes, it helped. Somehow it has migrated back to her room, but I still go in there and pick it up and hug it sometimes. smile

Edited by crazy gecko (04/15/13 03:17 AM)
You can play
-- Def Leppard

My Story, Part 2

My blog

#431303 - 04/15/13 08:01 AM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: Jacob S]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Jacob S
He reminds me that even though some happy things are lost forever, sometimes new happy things can come along.

smile smile smile

I've gotten really attached now, pretty much carrying around 'Husky' everywhere, he's right there with me even on train rides, despite the weird looks I get laugh It's so cool to hear you guys feel this way about your buddies too.

#431306 - 04/15/13 08:26 AM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: FormerTexan]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Originally Posted By: FormerTexan
Ken, I love the stuffed animal/character shelf. smile

Thanks. At some point I'll post pics of the rest of my room and apartment, just for fun. I'm a little embarrassed, because I'm 38 years old and it looks like a 14 year old decorated the place. Being a man that won't have relationships, no one with a more adult and/or female sense of decor has ever moved in and made me take all that shit down.... and never will!!!! Ha ha! cool

#431334 - 04/15/13 04:20 PM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: BraveFalcon]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Quote:
I'm 38 years old and it looks like a 14 year old decorated the place.

I have a room in the basement that is the "play" room. A few stuffed animals, the computers, a Starship Enterprise, etc. I try to make the upstairs look like a regular home. You raise a good point for thought.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#431495 - 04/16/13 10:18 PM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: concerned_husky]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
"B-Bear" is a brown bear wearing a denim train engineer outfit. He used to have a red kerchief, but I lost that a long time ago. "Henry" is a yellow Labrador Retriever with a red collar and little metal tag with his name on it. My CSA happened after I had all but relegated my stuffed animals to a shelf in my closet. Still, I'm thinking I still need to get out my two favorites. They helped me get through many stormy nights...and kept the shadows at bay.

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.