Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
corvairman1 (43), marianne (44), son (35), speedy (31)
Who's Online
3 registered (On The Fringe, Candu, 1 invisible), 54 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62521 Topics
438141 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#430215 - 04/05/13 01:50 PM First therapy session.
Agate Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Well I made it!

I went sober. No pot before. I'm proud of that.

I made a second appt and I think I'll go.

I told him. I wasn't sure if I would be able to disclose.

I'm exhausted. Is a therapy session always so?

Thank god is a Friday and wife and kids are all outta town for weekend.
I'm going to enjoy spring outside quietly by myself.

I deserve it.

Agate.

#430218 - 04/05/13 02:05 PM Re: First therapy session. [Re: Agate]
SouthernLaw Offline

Loc: Arkansas
rejoice and love yourself today!

southern-
As a recovering alcoholic and addict, I have found it difficult to learn to live with "feelings". I am still very emotionally "sick". So I am left with the question, "Now what". I can deal with the vicious cycle of being raped then loved but it is the fall out from the past that hurts me today.

#430244 - 04/05/13 04:18 PM Re: First therapy session. [Re: Agate]
Candu Online   content

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: Agate
I'm exhausted. Is a therapy session always so?

I'm just starting. First time was mainly paperwork with some questionnaires. Next three will be getting to know me. Determining what needs to be done/path.

I will be scheduled for end of the day sessions because it can be exhausting. It is "work". I expect that it wouldn't be good for me to have sessions earlier and then have to head to work afterwards.

#430249 - 04/05/13 04:46 PM Re: First therapy session. [Re: Agate]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 10:43 PM)

#430252 - 04/05/13 05:16 PM Re: First therapy session. [Re: Agate]
LazyPirate Offline

Loc: Ontario
With my old T it became routine after a while & was not painful or tiring. However... After a while of that I realised that we were not going deep enough to really help me heal & were spending too much time on small talk. Keep on truckin!!!

#430268 - 04/05/13 07:43 PM Re: First therapy session. [Re: Agate]
Agate Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Thanks for the insight.

I was amazed that I was able to disclose today but I figured I'm paying why waste time saying how bad my life sucks when I allready know why.

The support I've gotten here in my short time is simply amazing

Thank you all.

Agate

#430405 - 04/07/13 07:30 AM Re: First therapy session. [Re: Agate]
pittsburgh Offline

Loc: west Chester, Pa
Congrats, yes some sesssions left me drained of body,mind soul. HOWEVER it did get better, just another frigin process. At time I did waver, Stuck with it and now in a much better place as I came to understand more and more about what happened, how it affected me and that I can take control of my life and move on. It takes a willingness and work. Stay with it and best of luck I will pray for you
it is and has been quite a trip thru life, as last I feel that I am in a better place, it takes work and in my case a wife the was and is forgiveing and helpful. At last a relationship has gone right, messed up three.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.