Newest Members
Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2
12503 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
3 registered (susie, myrlin, 1 invisible), 21 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12503 Members
74 Forums
64194 Topics
447971 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#429925 - 04/03/13 09:15 AM Hard to say, but maybe if I write it quickly...
learning2remember Offline

Loc: Europe
I remember my brother telling me to get down. As I was kneeling, he came at me unzipping his jeans. I remember nothing else.

I know he put his penis in my face. I think (am I doubting myself or giving myself a way out?) I gave him oral sex.

BUT

Even if nothing happened after, my large 16 year-old brother coming after my average 11-year-old self while I was kneeling and he was pulling his jeans and undewerwear down...

That alone is abuse.

right?

#429928 - 04/03/13 09:27 AM Re: Hard to say, but maybe if I write it quickly... [Re: learning2remember]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Hey Learning...

What you said here was brief, written with nervousness, but was a huge step forward for you. Every time you talk about it it will get a little easier, and a little more of the shame will fade away. Good work man!

Jude
Left here on my own or so it seems
I've got to leave before I start to scream
Joe Cocker

#429932 - 04/03/13 09:37 AM Re: Hard to say, but maybe if I write it quickly... [Re: learning2remember]
DRA Offline

Hi learning,

I'm proud of you. Jude's right. This is a big step forward. Every little bit helps, and this one is a big step. I'm proud of you.

Regards,

DRA
Strength in power is a false victory rooted in vapid grandiosity. Strength in character and integrity is the freedom to act righteously irrespective of the surrounding pressure. True power is the presence of mind to live with character and integrity.

#429935 - 04/03/13 09:38 AM Re: Hard to say, but maybe if I write it quickly... [Re: learning2remember]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
L2R,

Even if nothing else happened it was abuse. "Assault" is a threatened / attempted attack - "battery" is the actual contact.

But I'm sorry to say, given the age / strength differential, and my own experience with partial memories of that particular type of incident... and how they "came true" eventually... that it very likely was what you think it was, that he got what he wanted. I'm so sorry. But better to admit to yourself than to hide from yourself.

Matt

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of Heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#429956 - 04/03/13 12:24 PM Re: Hard to say, but maybe if I write it quickly... [Re: learning2remember]
learning2remember Offline

Loc: Europe
Weird thing is, I've said the above and more, and have come a long way. Today, though, just seemed to be getting to me again. I can allow for that. Thanks for the encouragement.

#429987 - 04/03/13 02:37 PM Re: Hard to say, but maybe if I write it quickly... [Re: learning2remember]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 10:01 PM)

#430057 - 04/04/13 07:24 AM Re: Hard to say, but maybe if I write it quickly... [Re: learning2remember]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hey guys, it is interesting to see three twins in one topic, lol.

learning2remember it was abuse by simple fact that bothers you, obviously it hurts you a lot and it is not by accident that it is on your mind for so long time...
I'm sorry man, you are heard here and you are not alone!

Pero

#430067 - 04/04/13 10:07 AM Re: Hard to say, but maybe if I write it quickly... [Re: learning2remember]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
Learning:

I hope your communications here at MS help you cope, in the event you DO start to recall further events. Many of us have actively blanked out parts of our ordeals, telling ourselves (and others) alternate histories that don't contain the worst events. For decades I told myself that "he" didn't do anything else after he took my clothes off and threw me into the bed--he just left the room. Riiiiight!

A child might believe the sanitized story, but eventually the adult figures it out--sometimes without digging up all the details, but other times (like me!) only when zapped by flashbacks. Hang in there, we survived the real thing!

John

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.