Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
2 registered (GummyBear, 1 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63998 Topics
446687 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#428461 - 03/19/13 06:22 PM Introduction
Vineyard Offline

Loc: Detroit, MI.
Hello, everyone. I'm Vineyard, and I'm very grateful to have been introduced to this community of survivors.

To be brief, I'm a young adult, engaged, and have recently decided to quit ignoring my built up anxiety over abuses performed against me at a young age. I'm seeking therapy, and have decided to participate in other forms of outreach.

I was sexually abused by a friend's father over the course of several months while I was in the seventh grade. The first time being a particularly frightening setting for me. I became a small focus in middle school and was bullied by classmates over alleged homosexuality shortly before moving away with my family.

Over time, I explored my trauma in secret. In the process, I was briefly abused once again, and spent most of my free time engaged erotic online chat rooms.

My fiancée found my past logs, and urged me to finally tell her that I was abused. She was the first to learn. She has since agreed to help and support me during my healing.

I was abused as an early teen. Hello, and thank you for reading.

#428463 - 03/19/13 07:27 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Vineyard]
DavoSwim Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Iowa, USA
Vineyard,
Welcome. I believe you have come to the right place. It is a horrible thing that has brought you here, but you will find considerable support and understanding for your story by the men here at MS. We all have our stories, and the camaraderie is so helpful in the healing process. Take it at your own pace. Our stories, while similar, are unique, and our healing journeys are unique as well. You are in good company. I wish you well.

DavO

#428493 - 03/20/13 04:21 AM Re: Introduction [Re: Vineyard]
newground Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: michigan
hi vineyard
as hard as this is and may be for a while ,you have made the right choice. the trauma of abuse never goes away easily it takes work and support and we are here for that
heal well
Jeff

#428530 - 03/20/13 02:45 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Vineyard]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Welcome Vineyard,

Your story, like so many others here, is a terrible burden for you to carry. You have the good fortune to be dealing with this as a young man. Many of us carried the secret of our abuse for decades, and the effect on our lives has been disastrous.

MS is a great place to meet some of your needs for validation and fellowship with men who have had similar experiences and feelings. Please read as you feel able, and post when you feel comfortable doing so. There's no pressure here, no judgement, and no condemnation.

Jude
That's why I'm telling you
I just want to celebrate another day of livin'
Rare Earth

#428902 - 03/24/13 11:08 AM Re: Introduction [Re: Vineyard]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hi Vineyard, welcome to Male Survivor.
I'm sad to hear yet another story similar to many others frown but I'm happy to hear that you have support from your fiancée.
You are not alone, this is good place for finding additional support, there are a lot of similar stories from which is possible to learn a lot.
I find many resources, articles, book and advices trough which I learned a lot about myself since I came here.
Keep search for your answers, it worth and I'm sure you'll find it!

Pero

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.