I asked god, "why did you let the evil people hurt me?"
He answered, "you demanded proof of my existence, i gave you my absence. you demanded to see my face, i gave you my back. the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. no that you have seen evil with your own eyes, whom do you choose to serve? the deceiver or the creator?"

this made perfect sense to me.
later when i took up reading the bible, i found these scriptural confirmations of that conversation.

"Ye shall not tempt the LORD your God"
Deuteronomy 6:16
Luke 4:12

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour."
1 Peter 5:8

"And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light"
2 Corinthians 11:14

"Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand."
Ephesian 6:11-13

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."
Matthew 6:24

“Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves."
Matthew 10:16

War
Love
Poetry