Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
6 registered (don64, CafeMan, 4 invisible), 21 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63361 Topics
443061 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#427622 - 03/09/13 11:21 PM . [Re: Life's A Dream]
Life's A Dream Offline

Loc: Bouvet Island

Edited by Life's A Dream (04/21/13 10:39 PM)

#427648 - 03/10/13 10:59 AM Re: Never been more depressed in my life [Re: Life's A Dream]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Hey LAD. First I have to say that I can't even imagine being stuck in the situation you're in. When I was in my late teens/early twenties, and was dealing with the memories of my childhood for the first time, I was also living with my parents and was (mostly) unemployed. It was one of the worst times of my life and was probably the most suicidal I've ever been. However, the people who sexually abused me did not live in the house and were not part of the family. I don't even want to think about how much worse that would have been. I don't envy you. Stay strong.

Oh, and don't ever let anyone shame you or make you feel like you don't deserve to be in pain just because you live with your parents and have stuff "handed to you". Fuck that! That's what pissed me off more than anything back then. I got that shit not only from my family but even from friends. "Oh poor Ken! You're such a victim! You get to live in your parents nice house and barley have to work and not have any responsibilities! You just want to sit around and mope like Eeyore and go to a therapist and cry about your problems. You're life is SOOOOOOOO hard isn't it? Get over it and grow up!"

Now I'm in my late thirties, work my ass off all week, have my own apartment, pay bills and have more responsibilities than I can sometimes even keep up with. You know what though? My life isn't nearly as hard now as it was then. It still sucks a lot of the time and is still hard but back when I was in a situation that was even remotely similar to yours I was IN HELL and people didn't want to see that or think it was possible because I "had it easy". People can be so fucking ignorant.

As far as actually confronting your father goes, I'm not really sure what to tell you. I wish I had something better to say but I don't. Based on what you've already posted about him I'd have to say that I'm not so sure it's a great idea. It could end very badly. I don't want to sit here and tell you not to though if you think it's ultimately the right thing to do. Keep us posted. Stay strong. Peace.

Ken

Edited by BraveFalcon (03/10/13 11:02 AM)

#427668 - 03/10/13 05:44 PM . [Re: BraveFalcon]
Life's A Dream Offline

Loc: Bouvet Island

Edited by Life's A Dream (04/21/13 10:40 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.