Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MADcHATTER (54), Ready2MoveOn (44)
Who's Online
2 registered (Jacob S, 1 invisible), 41 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63789 Topics
445469 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#427523 - 03/08/13 08:58 PM deleted
lbcali1978 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Deleted

Edited by lbcali1978 (03/09/13 05:21 PM)
Edit Reason: i sound like a jerk

#427568 - 03/09/13 11:21 AM Re: Emotional Stresses and All that S*$% [Re: lbcali1978]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Hi Lbcali. Sorry to hear that you're feeling that way. I know you say you don't have to work and don't want to but I think that's probably contributing to your loneliness in a big way. Also, it sounds like you may be surrounding yourself with the wrong people, which could also change if you had viable employment. I'm not going to call you lazy and I'm not trying to give you a "get a job" speech. It's just seems to me that your desire not to work and your loneliness are probably two problems that are feeding each other. Maybe kind of a vicious cycle.

Take me for instance. I really only have one real friend. I've known the guy since high school. He and I hang out maybe once a month, if that. I live with my brother and two cats. My brother and I work different schedules so normally I only have the cats to keep me company when I'm home. However, I work all week Mon-Fri. I bust my ass. It's usually dark outside when I leave for work in the morning and by the time I've worked all day, sat in traffic for at least an hour both ways, gone to the gym and run what ever errands I need to run that day, it's normally dark outside when I get home in the evening. I don't have time to get lonely. Then, on the weekends, I don't get lonely because by then all I want is some quiet time to myself. I sit around and play video games by myself, or watch a few movies or a game on TV if it's on. If I get some company at some point, cool, but I rarely seek it out and never crave it.

Now, comparing myself to you may not be entirely fair because I'm naturally very introverted to begin with and you may be an extrovert. Extroverts get lonely more easily than introverts. Still, even being the introvert that I am, if I didn't work and rarely had much of anything to do, even I'd get lonely as shit after a while.

Also, if you had a job to occupy your time, you'd meet people there and have your coworkers to make friends with. Having coworkers as friends is kind of nice because they're working to and therefore don't need to use you for your money. See? Two problems solved at once.

I'm not going to lie. Having a job sucks sometimes but I think having nothing to do can suck even worse if you don't have a hell of a lot of money to play with. I mean, if I won the Powerball tomorrow, I'd probably never work again but then I'd have enough money to do anything I wanted and go anywhere I wanted all the time, so that's different.

Honestly, if you can continue to live and get by financially without working, and you really think you're going to be happier that way, fine. I'm not going to judge you or throw any stones for it. It just doesn't sound to me like you are happier that way. I'd say just consider it, that's all. Peace.

Ken

#427598 - 03/09/13 05:22 PM " [Re: BraveFalcon]
lbcali1978 Offline
MaleSurvivor

"

Edited by lbcali1978 (04/28/13 11:40 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.