Princess Leia: Your friend is quite the mercenary. I wonder if he really cares about anything. Or anybody.

Luke Skywalker: I care.

Many people do care. Some don't understand CSA, its consequences, or how to combat it so they choose a more passive stance. A lot of people simply don't view it as an imminent or serious threat to themselves and society. Other maladies in our country such as breast cancer, AIDS, and also social issues such as bullying and adult rape have what I like to call M&Ms. That is to say, marches and money (public awareness and public support). Relating to your post consider for a moment the widespread awareness, sympathy, and support victims of the aforementioned enjoy and rightfully so. Yet we remain largely ignored and forgotten in spite of the scope of our problem. Furthermore, ours is an infliction rather than some natural affliction and that really needs to be talked about more. CSA is completely avoidable since it is something that is done, not something that simply happens to someone.

I truly believe as CSA awareness spreads and people begin to understand the importance of the issue at hand we will start seeing progress being made on the societal level. I don't know about you but I sure as hell would benefit from having a general public around me who not only condemned what was done but supported me in overcoming its consequences not necessarily with money as such, but perhaps a paradigm shift in the way society views and treats survivors would be appropriate? I suppose April is coming up so here is our opportunity : P