Newest Members
Green_Lantern, Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone
12118 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 55 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
62513 Topics
438098 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#425278 - 02/14/13 01:43 PM Today I took back More
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Today I was asked to talk at a V day rally as a male survivor. Standing in front of woman and girls I stood up and told them all that I was one of the millions that do not exist, the neglected and forgotten. I AM A SURVIVOR OF SEXUAL ABUSE AND RAPE. It is really empowering. I am excited about the direction that MatrixMen is going in, I am excited that we are day by day telling the world that there are male survivors out there, and that there is recovery from sexual abuse.

Our meetings are also going better, I would not say that the world is rushing in to the rooms, but I am happy that 5 or six guys are coming, thats a few more guys that can deal with their pasts.

I thank God every day that he uses me to reach out to the hurting, the addicted the suicidal, the alcoholics. Its amazing giving back, its so so so empowering.

Guys Life is great. There are still so many bad stories out there, for those of you that read my blog, and read daily of the violent rapes perpetrated on children in My country, the rape capital of the world, but touching the life and helping only one survivor is worth all the effort.

Martin
Matrixmen

#425282 - 02/14/13 02:05 PM Re: Today I took back More [Re: whome]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hey Martin, it is so goooood to see you back in some high spirit and good mood wink
I was wondering these days how are you doing!
I pray for your country/people with such terrible high statistic of abuse.
You said well every one survivor worth all the effort.
Sending bless to my African brothers!

(((Martin))) wink

#425302 - 02/14/13 07:53 PM Re: Today I took back More [Re: whome]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: whome
.....but touching the life and helping only one survivor is worth all the effort.

Martin,

This is so exciting, and so true. You have a calling to minister to men in this way. I have spoken about my CSA at AA meetings and had people speak up about their own CSA for the first time. Its sobering and humbling.......but also validating for me.

Keep us informed of your progress. We're always here for you man.

Jude
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown, the dream is gone
And I have become comfortably numb."
Pink Floyd

#425320 - 02/15/13 02:23 AM Re: Today I took back More [Re: whome]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks Guys, It is awesome and I feel really good doing the work that I am doing. I hope that in the next year or two I will be full time in MatrixMen.

We are intensely excited because Mike Lew is coming out to South Africa for two weeks in September. I cant wait to meet the man that has done so much for me over the last 2 years.

Hell Life is good, sorry, I don't mean to gloat, but it is. I want people here to know that healing is possible, that if you desire to heal and want it, it is possible. I am not making lite of everyone's pain, but you can (Damn Sound like Obama) But yes You Can.

Heal well
Martin

#425322 - 02/15/13 02:53 AM Re: Today I took back More [Re: whome]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Yes Life is good even we can't see it like that always Mr. Obama, lol wink

Pero

#425400 - 02/15/13 05:15 PM Re: Today I took back More [Re: whome]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Pero Miss you dude, you are a great guy

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.