Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63189 Topics
441845 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#425021 - 02/12/13 12:09 AM my intro
raisingthebar Offline

Hello. Not sure what to say here, so i guess i'll just spit it out.

When I was 4 I witnessed my 6 year old sister get raped by a grown man. I know it's not rational but I can't help but feel somewhat responsible because I couldn't stop it or didn't do anything. When I was 9 I was sexually abused by the same sister. I did confront her on it, and feel like crap for doing it.

#425029 - 02/12/13 04:04 AM Re: my intro [Re: raisingthebar]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Sometimes....you just gotta wonder what's up with the humans round this globe. How can big people devour the little people? The further sadness comes from what your sister did. How you choose to reconcile that and deal in general, is fully up to you.

You've come to a great place for this. There's endless help here and even greater wisdom and experience. If you are about to enbark on some reconciliation and healing from it all, there's so much here for you. I hope you give it all a try...learn that you are not alone...se what has worked for others...and see that the monsters left behind for you to deal with ain't so big.

Still's Globs

New Video

#425039 - 02/12/13 08:37 AM Re: my intro [Re: raisingthebar]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Welcome RTB!

You've taken a big step toward recovery just by posting what you have here. Good job. Now run with it. Keep being open about it all. Get a trauma therapist and do recovery work. And keep reading and posting when you feel comfortable doing so. We're glad you found us.

Jude
....it's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know life at all. "
Joni Mitchell

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.