Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
3 registered (tbkkfile, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63219 Topics
442062 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#424674 - 02/08/13 08:23 AM Flagging the fakes?
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
I recently read what is to date the most horrifying SA account I've ever seen... on this website or anywhere else... I know it is in bad taste to "rank" experiences but this one was downright Lovecraftian and it stuck in my head for days. The author unfolded his ongoing nightmare and wrecked struggling for months, and I read along with a lump in my throat hoping to see him one day say something was better and he was happy. Instead he suddenly stopped posting. A search for his name revealed he had been exposed as a fraud and banned.

I'm aware of this having happened over the years and have seen other people write furiously of their sense of betrayal... well now I understand. And I still can't get the nightmare imagery out of my head even though I know it's a lie!!!

There is certainly a list here of frauds and banned users. There is also certainly the ability to retroactively add markers to old posts - when I change my profile now it changes every post I've ever written. So would you consider doing something like that? Just putting a big red "FRAUD" or "LIAR" or "BANNED" under the screenname would serve as warning - to keep the drawbridge up with this one, not read or not get involved.

It is purely my own responsibility that I read those old posts at all, let alone continued after I started getting upset by them. But this obviously has happened many times to others here over the years and it would be a way to protect future arrivals from the "booby-traps" left from past troublemakers.

Just a suggestion - thank you for listening.

Matt

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#431061 - 04/12/13 10:46 PM Re: Flagging the fakes? [Re: SoccerStar]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
We certainly appreciate your concerns on these matters. All site management can do is monitor posts as they occur. As this is a public forum, it is not possible for us to proactively prevent all occurrances of inappropriate posting by users, but we do act as quickly as we can when we see an issue, or are notifed by a user of such. We do not have the manpower to go through all of the old posts and remove/edit those suspected, or even prove a fake, due to required logistics.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.