Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
6 registered (EchoSoul, WalkingBuffalo, jahfree, 3 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64163 Topics
447754 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#423133 - 01/24/13 05:47 PM Just sayin hi
simplicity73 Offline

Hey everyone, Im new to the forum. I have been working with my parents in coping and healing from my dads abuse, which has wreaked havoc on our family for over 40 years or more. My dad will be attending a weekend retreat in April and my mom is working on receiving the same type of counseling in dealing with his abuse. It is wonderful to know this support group exists and that I have a huge family in which to draw wisdom and experience through and we start this process of healing. Thank you all for being here for us beginners. We truly need and value you.

#423147 - 01/24/13 09:44 PM Re: Just sayin hi [Re: simplicity73]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
I am overjoyed that both you and your survivor father have found healing, simplicity thank you. I have been overwhelmed with mistakes I have made with my children, it is a joyful occasion albeit a difficult one to encourage your own and your father's recovery.

Thank you so much for sharing that with us and welcome to MaleSurvivor.

Sam

#423180 - 01/25/13 03:02 AM Re: Just sayin hi [Re: simplicity73]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa

its what we love doing grin and welcome, I hope you get as much help here as I did wink

Martin

#423186 - 01/25/13 08:43 AM Re: Just sayin hi [Re: simplicity73]
sugarbaby Offline

Welcome!

#423217 - 01/25/13 03:59 PM Re: Just sayin hi [Re: simplicity73]
simplicity73 Offline

Thanks all for your kind replies! Its been an interesting life for my brothers and I to have grown up thinking our dad hated us because he used to say "you have no clue what I went though" but he would never tell us. We were abused physically and emotionally because we didnt understand "where he was coming from" and it wasn't until I was 19 and about to get married that my dad told me out of the blue about his incest, rapes and mother abandonment. It suddenly all made sense to me. I wished he had said something earlier, we would have tried to help. But his abuse and abandonment deprived him of the ability to accept, acknowledge and give "love" as we needed it. So now that Im a mother and much older, my parents are at their breaking point in their marriage and he is finally willing to move forward in his healing process and I will remain at his side. I have been searching for information on how I can further support him through this without enabling and being codependent. I have found some amazing resources here and I am truly grateful.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.