Newest Members
hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt, feartheroo, Xzander32244
12130 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ACLover94 (50), Henry (40), james 1959 (55), Johnny90 (24), poliwog (44), Starbuck (38)
Who's Online
7 registered (Frustrated, CafeMan, I Want 2 Thrive, 3 invisible), 64 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12130 Members
73 Forums
62555 Topics
438323 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#448995 - 10/02/13 02:15 PM Re: do you ever have the desire to go to the location? [Re: Jacob S]
Robert1000 Offline

Wow, Jacob S. I'm impressed that you went and recorded your thoughts and memories. Thank you for sharing. I'm mostly writing now because you more or less asked above if anyone was wondering about how you were doing, and what you had been doing related to returning to the site.

Speaking for myself, I'm glad you shared. I have wondered about you. I sometimes think about lots of the people who write on this site. I don't come to the site much. I don't like to, honestly, because it's often painful.

But... I'm glad you posted. And I'm glad this forum is here for us. It's not easy to transform yourself (speaking personally) from a victim into a survivor. I guess my journey is still in progress. But I get strength from the things I share and the things I read.

So, once again, thanks for posting.

Bob

#448997 - 10/02/13 02:38 PM Re: do you ever have the desire to go to the location? [Re: Jacob S]
just me Offline

I visited the doctors office right before he retired....just said "Hello" to the receptionist...and looked around
But the interior layout was different then my memories...I was there for less than a minute.

That was 3 years ago over 30 years after.....

#450028 - 10/13/13 07:58 AM Re: do you ever have the desire to go to the location? [Re: Jacob S]
Calmsea Offline

Loc: Great Britain
I went back to the exact place the first rape took place with my wife just days after the first flash back. It was like looking down at my own grave. My life as it should have been ended there.

#450075 - 10/13/13 04:21 PM Re: do you ever have the desire to go to the location? [Re: Jacob S]
Napoleon Offline

Loc: Utah
Abuse @8 - I returned to the house where I was abused at 8 shortly after the flashbacks started. I did not go inside even though I wanted to. Still do.

Abuse @ 17 - I returned to the camp were I was abused about 9 months before the flashbacks started, my brother was staffing the same camp. The visit certainly had an effect on me.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.