Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
2 registered (lapchinj, gatoonfanatic), 26 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63213 Topics
442016 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#416487 - 11/17/12 06:58 AM Re: The Place of My Abuse [Re: Jude]
Farmer Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Hey Jude

Some of the memories you talk about here are so famailiar to me it is scary. I'm so sorry that Tim was such a sleezy creep - you didn't deserve what happened.

I can really understand the need to remember....to make it real....to deal with it....to try to move on. We have tried so long to pretend it didn't happen...to deny the past...to push it way down deep inside to a secret hiding place. But we all know that doesn't work. It only eats us up from the inside out.

I hope in your search for truth you find closure.

#416524 - 11/18/12 01:25 AM Re: The Place of My Abuse [Re: Jude]
Letourski Offline

Loc: Canada
I have deliberately passed by the house where I was abused. The shed where James abused me was no longer standing. It was in rough shape back then, so I am not at all surprised it was no longer there. I wonder how I would perceive it if it was still standing. It was a dark place, with very little light able to get in. There was a sandbox in there, I am not sure why. But that's where he abused me. Essentially isolated me in the dark shed so nobody could see or hear.

Jude,

I too needed to retrieve the memories. I needed to see and feel every part of the abuse. I wanted all of it, and as I started recalling, more and more became accessible. In stark detail with emotions attached to everything. It was painful as hell, and overwhelming, but it did come back to me. Those unlocked parts bubbled up from the depths. Yes, it was difficult to see and yes I did feel like I was re-victimizing myself but I felt it necessary to my healing. I needed to acknowledge the abuse as something that didn't just happen, but rather something that someone (James) chose to do. Appropriating the blame onto him was an absolute must. I understand why you want to go there. We all understand why you want to go there. Heal well brother.

Daniel,

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.