Newest Members
RichNewman, woodyamorc, Mark B, Jam1e, Fearless
12597 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
1goodguy (57), 1survivor (52), Casey_SC (27), jamaicanrudeboy (35), Jamaicanyuth (35), mountainfrost (47), nolan79 (36), Ron_dup1 (48)
Who's Online
2 registered (Lumpy, lionking), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12597 Members
74 Forums
64674 Topics
452012 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 98 of 98 < 1 2 ... 96 97 98
Topic Options
#477643 - 02/21/15 03:53 AM Re: Inspirational Quotes [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada

"You are good when you strive to give of yourself. Yet you are not evil when you seek gain for yourself. For when you strive for gain you are but a root that clings to the earth and sucks at her breast. Surely the fruit cannot say to the root, 'Be like me, ripe and full and ever giving of your abundance.' For to the fruit giving is a need as receiving is a need to the root."

Kahlil Gibran

War
Love
Poetry

#477717 - 02/22/15 06:20 AM Re: Inspirational Quotes [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

“You should not allow yourself the luxuries of discouragement or despair. Bounce back immediately, and welcome the adversity because it produces harder thinking and harder drive to get to the objective.”
- Ralph Nader

War
Love
Poetry

#477768 - 02/22/15 07:03 PM Re: Inspirational Quotes [Re: whome]
victor-victim Offline

Do more than exist - Live!
Do more than touch - Feel!
Do more than look - Observe!
Do more than read - Absorb!
Do more than hear - Listen!
Do more than listen - Understand!

John Harold Rhodes

War
Love
Poetry

#477798 - 02/23/15 04:43 AM Re: Inspirational Quotes [Re: whome]
victor-victim Offline

Why am I afraid to live, I who love life and the beauty of flesh and the living colors of earth and sky and sea?
Why am I afraid of love, I who love love?
Why was I born without a skin, O God, that I must wear armor in order to touch or to be touched?

Eugene O'Neill
The Great God Brown and Other Plays

War
Love
Poetry

#477941 - 02/25/15 11:21 PM Re: Inspiration Just for today [Re: whome]
victor-victim Offline

"One of the most effective means by which we share ourselves is Argument. I say, therefore, one has a duty to argue. It is the price we pay for the space we occupy on this Earth.
Argument is the affirmation of our being."

"Argument is the principal instrument of human intercourse.
Without argument, THE SPECIES WOULD PERISH.
We must argue: To Help, Warn, Lead, Love, to Create, Learn, Enjoy Justice, to BE.
The Art of Argument is the Art of Living
We argue because we must. Life itself demands it.
Because, at last, Life itself is but an argument."

"When we witness an injustice, we have a duty to argue. We know how. When we see human beings unjustly used, disrespected, exploited, injured, we have a duty to argue; we know how. When we hear unjust statements, we have a duty not to permit their poison to spread unabated. We have a duty to argue at home with those we love; with our mates and our children. We have a duty to argue for ourselves, and with ourselves; we know how. Yes, we even have a duty to argue with God. Having provided us the skill, I take it that God would be greatly disappointed, should it go untested."

Gerry Spence

Click to reveal.. ( How to Argue )
Anyone can be credible. But, we must risk…telling the truth about ourselves.
The first trick of the winning argument is abandoning trickery. Most of us do not tell
much of the truth about ourselves. We hold back our hurt, our anger, our deep dread;
fear to reveal our fear, joy, jealousy, hunger, ideas, insecurities…ourselves.
Credibility comes out of the marrow of our bones. Great pretenses win nothing.
To win, we must be believed; for that, we must be believable. For that, we must tell the
whole truth…about ourselves. We must argue from the place where the frightened child
abides; where the whimpers and wailing are held back; where the anger boils; where the
monster rises up and screams; where the lover and the saint and the ancient warrior fuse.
That is where we must focus: In that rare, rich place, that nucleus of our being. That is
the magical place where credibility dwells. Technique has little to do with credibility,
and therefore little to do with winning. Credibility is becoming the child.

Openly revealing our feelings establishes credibility…for we are what we
feel.
Our willingness to openly reveal our feelings in our argument nearly always builds our
credibility. Many of us refuse to express our feelings because we fear we may become
angry. But often our anger shields fear. Our child’s conduct may make us angry; but
we are afraid our child will get into serious trouble. Argument may be combat; and like
any combat, it ultimately gives rise to fear. Our fear of losing the argument, and the
resulting consequences of our loss.

ACTING IS SIMPLY REVEALING THE TRUTH. And to be a good actor,
one must be credible. Acting is being. True acting is never pretending. It is instead
the process of revealing the truth of the character in the situation in which he finds
himself.
Acting requires the actor to get in touch with the truth of his feelings: anger, joy,
surprise, sorrow, pain.
If we pretend, eventually they will perceive that something is awry; at that moment, we
have lost the argument. We are believed, and the other convinced, because we tell the
truth about the facts we know and the feelings we experience.

Learn to speak as if you are naked. We have become a society that rewards,
not who we are, but how we appear. It is more important to look good, than to be good.”
Our image, as opposed to our substance, is presented and marketed like so many nicely
packaged peaches. And what we see is NOT what we get. We are so confounded by
our own disguises, and others’, that we no longer know who anyone is. Behind our
psychic shrouds lies the great power of credibility that permits us all to argue, to be
heard, to be understood, and to win.

Revealing our honest desires, asking for what we want, makes it very difficult
for the other to refuse us. People don’t want to say no, to our face, when we have
plainly asked for what we want, and our request is reasonable and just.
The form and content of the winning argument may stem from the logical, intellectual
mind…but the ENERGY; the POWER; the stuff that EXCITES AND MOVES…that
makes us CREDIBLE, and eventually CONVINCES…is born of the SOUL. Because an argument from the soul is truthful; it bears the ring of truth. It’s credible. Ah, the
power of the honest, who will but tell us…what they want…who they are.

Gerry Spence
HOW TO ARGUE AND WIN EVERY TIME

read the complete article here.
http://freedom-school.com/lessons/how-to-argue-and-win-every-time.pdf

Garry Spence was a lawyer who wrote a book about "how to argue" and i found it to be a very good read.
the advice is more about building confidence and credibility, than building a case.

War
Love
Poetry

Page 98 of 98 < 1 2 ... 96 97 98

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.