Newest Members
stymie, Broken1968, longhorns73, ymukudai, Serious Dave
12542 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KW2X4 (51), PAS (45), soccer (45)
Who's Online
2 registered (markw, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12542 Members
73 Forums
64403 Topics
449793 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#469017 - 08/16/14 11:42 AM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: JoziSA]
Ever-fixed Mark Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
JoziSA,

The original publication has been removed and there is no online copy I can point to. It was called "Survival of the Godliest" by the demographer Phillip Longman. I did find what looks like a partial or complete extract here.

The thesis was that a number of behaviors of religious adherents conferred survival benefits. Specifically, that religious people have more children than non-religious people. The result is more religious people and less non-religious people over time. And the more religious people are, the greater number of children they have, therefore the religious community becomes more fundamentalist over time.

~efm

Edited by Ever-fixed Mark (08/16/14 11:50 AM)
Edit Reason: Link found

Everybody here's got a story to tell
Everybody's been through their own hell
There's nothing too special about getting hurt
Getting over it, that takes the work

- "Duck and Cover" by Glen Phillips

#474533 - 01/05/15 03:52 AM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: Ever-fixed Mark]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada

Originally Posted By: Ever-fixed Mark
religious people have more children than non-religious people. The result is more religious people and less non-religious people over time. And the more religious people are, the greater number of children they have, therefore the religious community becomes more fundamentalist over time.

maybe that is god's plan?

God said unto them, "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth"
Genesis 1:28

"As for you, be fruitful and multiply; Populate the earth abundantly and multiply in it."
Genesis 9:7

War
Love
Poetry

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.