Newest Members
RepressedMem, jet_step, JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut
12468 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AndyP (48), Gaius (50), JoziSA (52), mmafan66 (48), nltsaved (36), RMM (52), Steve63 (51), zenboy (51)
Who's Online
3 registered (Sonata1, 2 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12468 Members
74 Forums
64028 Topics
446831 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#350363 - 01/11/11 10:53 AM Re: Bibliography on Female Offenders Jan. 2010 [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
Cement Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southern California
Hi Ken,

My thesis specifically addresses the socially-produced norms that deny the coherence of the subject position "male victim of female sexual abuse" in western culture. My research was not clinical, but theoretical, working from ideas developed in feminist theory, gender theory, and queer theory.

I would be happy to forward a copy.

Yours,
James

#350388 - 01/11/11 05:23 PM Re: Bibliography on Female Offenders Jan. 2010 [Re: Cement]
Ever-fixed Mark Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Hey Cement,

I'd be interested in seeing this also, if you don't mind sharing.

-efm

Everybody here's got a story to tell
Everybody's been through their own hell
There's nothing too special about getting hurt
Getting over it, that takes the work

- "Duck and Cover" by Glen Phillips

#371025 - 09/25/11 03:52 PM Re: Bibliography on Female Offenders Jan. 2010 [Re: Cement]
Haly Offline

Loc: Utah
yup. Interested in participating/knowing more about the lack of literature on male survivors of female perpetration.

#390708 - 03/25/12 04:02 PM Re: Bibliography on Female Offenders Jan. 2010 [Re: Haly]
Ninja_Turtle Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
The best book I've ever read on abusive women and mothers, and an incredible book in general, is "Understanding the Borderline Mother" by Christine Ann Lawson. You have two of her articles listed above. It's incredibly informative about the dynamics of families with abusive mothers and written in a very moving, accessible style.

#409308 - 09/06/12 10:22 PM Re: Bibliography on Female Offenders Jan. 2010 [Re: Nathan LaChine]
hapati Offline

Loc:
When He's Married to Mom: How to Help Mother-Enmeshed Men Open Their Hearts to True Love and Commitment by Kenneth Adams and Alexander P. Morgan

The Emotional Incest Syndrome: What to do When a Parent's Love Rules Your Life [Paperback]
Dr. Patricia Love

The Betrayal Bond: Breaking Free of Exploitative Relationships

Mother-Son Incest: The Unthinkable Broken Taboo, An Overview of Findings by Hani Miletski

Bradshaw On: The Family: A New Way of Creating Solid Self-Esteem

Men Surviving Incest: A Male Survivor Shares the Process of Recovery by T. Thomas

Betrayal of Innocence: Incest and Its Devastation
Susan Forward

Edited by hapati (09/06/12 10:27 PM)

#422615 - 01/19/13 02:45 AM Re: Bibliography on Female Offenders Jan. 2010 [Re: Nathan LaChine]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: where the shadows lie
If I can add one, "Come Here" by Richard Berendzen with Laura Palmer is one of the first books I read about CSA and was very helpful to me in understanding the power and control of an abusive mother. Here is an article that talks about the book and Berendzen's abuse in some detail.

http://articles.latimes.com/1993-10-24/books/bk-49007_1_sexual-abuse

#439969 - 07/03/13 09:17 PM Re: Bibliography on Female Offenders Jan. 2010 [Re: Nathan LaChine]
LAV25 Offline

Its obvious who the enemy is I mean serously check this out these feminists blame us for their actions.http://www.deviantart.com/users/outgoing?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmRCqRDfH78
These feminists have a talk show and in this episode, they decide to talk about male victims of domestic violence. To start off, they stress that women are the overwhelming victims of violence, and what male victims there are are only victims by technicality and don't really deserve to be counted. Then they bring on a feminist doctor who goes into further detail that denying a woman money counts as domestic violence. She also explains how when you study the statistics the proper/feminist way, you can see that women are the overwhelming majority of victims. The feminist head of a shelter for only women and children begrudgingly admits that it is harder for men to receive help than women and she sounds a bit disappointed when she adds that some of her shelters actually do a little to help men. When confronted with an American study finding that men and women engage in violent and controlling behaviors at comparable rates, the feminists naturally disregard them on the grounds that they have faulty methodology. The study found that women are violent and it asked the same questions regardless of sex, so clearly it must be faulty.

But probably the most abhorrent thing said was that a significant proportion of males classified as victims are actually perpetrators. She stresses that those who help male victims have to be trained to screen these men to make sure they aren't actually perpetrators. Naturally, no such precautions are necessary for women who claim to be victims. These are the sentiments expressed by the director of domestic violence shelters across Britain. The doctor agreed that it was necessary to scrutinize male victims more than female

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.