Newest Members
Green_Lantern, Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone
12118 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
3 registered (pufferfish, thevision, 1 invisible), 65 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
62516 Topics
438105 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#245458 - 08/18/08 08:40 PM New Healing Circle?
terpprm Offline

Loc: Elyria, Ohio
i have had a few people talk to me in interest of a healing circle for christians, i was wondering:
1) who would be interested?
2) how do i go about doing this? or who do i talk to?

Philip

#245465 - 08/18/08 09:42 PM Re: New Healing Circle? [Re: terpprm]
feelingafraid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 5,471 FT above sea level
I would like to be in a christian HC.
I think who ever u need to talk to will talk to u or post on here

peace out toby

#245466 - 08/18/08 09:52 PM Re: New Healing Circle? [Re: terpprm]
pufferfish Online   embarrased
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Philip,

I have an interest in this.

What would be the distinctive of a Christian HC?

Prayer?

Without God we are hopeless?

God gives us the ability to forgive and to love?

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (08/18/08 11:43 PM)

#245491 - 08/19/08 01:11 AM Re: New Healing Circle? [Re: pufferfish]
terpprm Offline

Loc: Elyria, Ohio
all of the above plus!!!! there is a lot we need to highlight in our life!

Philip

#245493 - 08/19/08 01:13 AM Re: New Healing Circle? [Re: terpprm]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Count me in too

Still's Globs

New Video

#245515 - 08/19/08 09:40 AM Re: New Healing Circle? [Re: terpprm]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
i have to express my disagreement with this idea. i feel it goes against the fiat of male survivor community : "which provides resources and support for men who were sexually victimized as children, adolescents, or adults".

i see no specification of religious belief in that statement. further, i believe that the purpose of these forums is to reflect the general intent of the organization which points to a singular rallying place for all male survivors; providing support for special interest groups such as those suggested here goes against the integrity of the organization which professes an unbiased commitment to healing for all men, regardless of race, creed, gender or sexual identity, age etc, and to faction us into parts would serve only to create further dissension, supporting a divisive 'us-them' mentality which will only contribute to the complexity of matters here as they pertain to our healing.

i am all for the right to create special interest support groups in the realm of recovery from male survivor issues, but i think they should be taken 'off the premises' [in both the locational and ideological sense].

i think there was talk of starting another such splinter group here, but the ultimate decision was made to take it off-site to another website that houses groups. perhaps that would be something for the 'christian' contingent to consider.

just my opinion, for what it is worth.

your brother in recovery

ron

#245519 - 08/19/08 09:59 AM Re: New Healing Circle? [Re: Sans Logos]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Ron,

Just an analytical question here: do you support the above approach in light of the group "Mo's On A Mission" also? When that group formed no one said it would be divisive, and it went along just fine. Plus, there are general Healing Circles built that are not geared to any specific realm. As long as the general Healing Circles and Mo's On A Mission are around, would the addition of a Christian-oriented Healing Circle make that much difference?

Andy

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#245525 - 08/19/08 10:49 AM Re: New Healing Circle? [Re: FormerTexan]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
hi andy,

my understanding is that the mo's on a mission was not a formalized group. there was no purpose, no procedural rules for participating. it was just a bunch of gay guys getting together in a chat room on monday nites. i see no problem with that. there was no specific intent there, and no restrictive qualifications for participating. it was pretty much a jarrad thing, and from what i understand. even tho i am gay, i did not participate because i just am not into 'causes' per se.

if you mean by 'going along fine' that it did not cause the moderation contingent to have to put out any fires, i then see your point. apparently, it did not, thankfully, cause anyone grief or drama.

all of the healing circles that tom moderates are all non-specific. why can't people just participate in those and get quality recovery experiences. why does male survivor have to provide a place to proliferate a certain belief system? i guess if it were to make 'that much difference' remains to be seem. i am sure the guys who participate would be personally enriched in their cause, but does that warrant this web forum espousing a platform from which to speak?

again, i do support people's right to congregate with their own kind, but again i feel that we need more endeavors which will unify us, rather than divide us. i think it best we maintain the non-specific focus of the organization from entry portal and beyond.

thanks for listening.

your brother in recovery,

ron

#245531 - 08/19/08 11:19 AM Re: New Healing Circle? [Re: Sans Logos]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
"but does that warrant this web forum espousing a platform from which to speak?"

Neither Healing Circle nor Mo's are official Malesurvivor-endorsed platforms per se, but rather opportunities for people to gather in a specific real-time support environment apart from the hustle-and-bustle of main chat. I for one am a believer in the HC concept in general, and have watched it work out very well for many folks here.

If some folks simply wish to start a specified chat time and chat room to discuss things with, as you say, their own kind, I personally would not be against that. The only problem I might see is making it an "official" announcement (apart from simply making this thread for discussion. By official announcement, I refer to the "sticky posts" that say "new healing circle forming."), for it could come across as over-exclusionary. Otherwise, these guys can set up a chat room and time, make it a specific and private room, and have a structured environment to discuss matters important to them. Private chat rooms are set up all the time, so this shouldn't strike anyone as any different than usual.

Ron, it might also help me understand what you mean by platform, for the more I think about it, the more I see a variety of platforms on here all the time. Take the thread "Obama '08" for example. I have no interest in this thread, but it's certainly someone's platform. Plus I don't wish to detract further from this thread than we already have, since it was started to gage people's interest in a certain matter.

Andy

Edited by FormerTexan (08/19/08 11:41 AM)

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#245538 - 08/19/08 11:50 AM Re: New Healing Circle? [Re: FormerTexan]
conflicted Offline

Loc: Greenville, SC
i would be interested in this HC or whatever it would be called

my story...finally out *triggers*

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, SamV 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.