Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447715 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#19448 - 05/13/06 09:38 PM Re: Feeling bad for my perp
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Guys,

I'm wondering if, just perhaps, the different reactions to the subject matter in this discussion can be explained by such a simple thing as each of our diverse personalities.

I for example tend to be on the emotional end of the spectrum in the personality test given me by my T. My wife on the other hand tends toward the cognitive/analytical end of the spectrum. Consequently we tend to have very diverse reactions from each other on subjects such as this.

Just a thought which I don't necessarily support at this moment (I'm too emotional ;\) ), but am wondering if others have some input on the question.

Lots of love,

John

#19449 - 05/14/06 12:41 AM Re: Feeling bad for my perp
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

maybe it could also be that even though abuse is abuse ,it affects people on different levels ,due to lots of things, someone who is groomed into abuse is affected in totaly different ways than someone who is physicaly forced into it .the damage done is the same but the things we have to react to are different .each case of abuse is exclusive to the person it happened to even though it was all abuse it is different for every one of us . and i think how we heal from it is whatever works for the individual. adam

#463150 - 03/25/14 02:55 PM Re: Feeling bad for my perp [Re: Nobbynobs]
jas4159 Offline

i didn't understand why i felt sorry for my perp when i was standing over his grave, having been robbed of a chance to confront him. he was a very pathetic human being. But it was at the beginning of my recovery and i had not found my anger. my feelings changed when i found my anger thru recovery.

rich

justanothersurvivror.wordpress.com

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.