Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
40035 (55), Brayton (60), DavidJ (65), Grout (29), JJM33 (43), RockyMtJoe (66)
Who's Online
8 registered (finallyhere, aniceguy, Bluedogone, 5 invisible), 16 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63541 Topics
443939 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#9508 - 03/03/05 08:21 PM Re: How do you get a 13yo victim to talk to a T
Happy Birthday Brayton Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis
I like the statement you've made.

I would've suggested sharing with him some of your own story.

I think the biggest obstacle in dealing with what happened is the feeling of isolation.

As he learns how many boys and men have been abused, he may feel more comfortable being frank with a therapist.

#9509 - 03/06/05 11:41 AM Re: How do you get a 13yo victim to talk to a T
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
That is a difficult one. Because no one can 'get' another person to do anything, without breaching boundaries. And those boundaries are just as importent and deserve just as much respect for a 13 year old as they do for a 30 year old.

Has he 'dealt with' the abuse? No, probably not. But most likely, he is not yet ready to. He is currently physically safe. His perp is in jail. And he knows that there is counseling and other help available to him if he chooses it. I think that is all that really anyone can do right now without forcing something on the kid.

I wish him luck.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.