Newest Members
Collin, MG5555, ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett
12507 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Moriji (44), Nicos (48), weharry1959 (55)
Who's Online
8 registered (Obi, Don Laufersweiler, CCDC, LPC, DaiseyLady, bluesky, 3 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12507 Members
73 Forums
64177 Topics
448027 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#9151 - 10/01/02 07:24 PM IF YOU ARE GOING TO HELP ME.......
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
IF YOU ARE GOING TO HELP ME.......
Please be patient while I decide if I can trust you.

Let me tell you my story. The whole story. In my own way.

Please accept that whatever I may have done and whatever I may do, it is the best I have to offer and seemed right at the time.

I am not "A" person. I am "THIS" person, unique and special.

Don't judge me as right or wrong, bad or good. I am what I am and that is all I have got.

Don't assume that your knowledge about me is more accurate than mine. You only know what I have told you, and that's only part of me.

Don't ever think that you know what I should do, you don't. I may be confused, but I am still the expert about me.

Don't place me in a position of living up to your expectations. I have enough trouble with my own.

Please hear my feelings, not just my words - accept all of them. If you can't, how can I ?

Don't save me. I can do it myself. I knew enough to ask for your help didn't I ? Help me to better myself.

I just started a counselling course and the first thing we were given was this, and I liked it a lot.
A good "contract" between the counsellor and client ?

Lloydy

#9152 - 10/01/02 10:11 PM Re: IF YOU ARE GOING TO HELP ME.......
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
Lloydy

This is very good. I think it could be read to ourselves as well because some of these things we often forget as survivors.

Anyway, I grabbed it and posted it on my site as well. It is just such a powerful piece.

Don

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#9153 - 10/02/02 01:09 PM Re: IF YOU ARE GOING TO HELP ME.......
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Don
it stunned me as a survivor, it's all the things I wanted to say to everyone around me.
Especially the last one.
Maybe I said them in my own way ?

But it made me think about the relationships we have with our little band of helpers.
Lloydy

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.