Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
1 registered (YYZGIRL), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443082 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#892 - 04/27/04 11:56 PM Re: New
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Voldie, the important thing is that you now have a safe place to talk about whatever you need to. You will be understood here. We are inspired that you are working on this now--many of us waited for years and it was not good for us.

Take good care of yourself Voldie.

Bob

#893 - 05/01/04 08:49 PM Re: New
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Voldie,

welcome here, firstly. I can understand how you feel with your mom. I finally told my mother just last year, at age of 23, and still, she does not want to talk so much of it with me either. I think it is hard, for parent, but especially mom, to accept such things. Because they feel guilty, to not have known of it, to not been able to prevent it or stop it. Their child has been harmed, and they did not realize it until we tell them. There is guilt and sadness for them, and is hard to deal with.

I do not know there is a state of being 'healed'. I think it is an ongoing process. Just as they say there is no 'recovered' alcoholics or drug addicts, but 'recovering', because it is continuous thing. There will be things that will arise, no matter how well 'healed' we are, that will trigger us, or will cause us to react different then a 'normal' person without the past issues we have. It does not mean we are 'abnormal', we are just, exceptional! ha No, seriously, it is just that there will always be things we will feel and see differently. It is not that you are doing wrong, not at all. Please be gentle with yourself, and accept how you are and how you feel as being valid.

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.