Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
3 registered (lostsoul824, 2 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63225 Topics
442123 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#8760 - 10/08/02 01:16 AM Re: TRIGGERS
Chey-Wy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cheyenne, WY
One thing that I found helpful. If you are aware that someting might be a trigger you prepare yourself for the trigger. It is the triggers that you are unprepared for that are the hard ones to deal with. The post that I placed last night is a good example of that. I was totally unprepared fot the phone call from the minister and his requesting that I return to the office where I was raped so that he can perform a " healing ceremony" . I really feel that this is for his benefit and not for mine. I do not want to return to that place. Just the thought of returning to that place last night was enough of a trigger to cause a flashback. I knew that Estes Park would cause triggers. I had no idea that a phone call could cause a trigger. If you are aware that a situation may cause a trigger ... It is ( or was for me ) easier to deal with the trigger. Your body is prepared for it and reacts accordingly.

take care all

John

Yeah, the good Lord gave us mountains,
So we could learn how to climb

#8761 - 10/10/02 10:21 AM Re: TRIGGERS
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Good point. Looks like I may have a lot of preparing to do. Thanks John.

Wuame

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.