Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closure (24), esp22 (40)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 21 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63239 Topics
442217 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#85777 - 06/08/04 04:16 AM Male Survivor Article
G D H Offline

Loc: Oregon
I stumbled across this article on the internet last weekend. It may contain some triggers.

http://www.anchoragepress.com/archives-2004/coverstoryvol13ed21.shtml

The link to the story I clicked just read "This time last year I was plotting to kill a man." At 5AM on a Sunday morning, after a night of tossing and turning, that's the kind of stuff that catches my eye. Had I known what the story was about and the effect it would have on me, I would have turned off the computer and gone back to bed! I felt numb and disconnected for several days after reading that. My next counseling session was particularly painful but productive. Afterward, I felt a new sense of urgency about my recovery and began to look up sexual abuse on the internet. So in a way that story is responsible for me finding this forum. I hope it can help others in some way.

BTW, I left a message with a therapist today who facilitates a group for male survivors of sexual abuse. I hope to hear back from him soon.

#85778 - 06/08/04 09:00 AM Re: Male Survivor Article
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Doug,

It does contain a lot of triggers. Several of us discussed it a few days ago in another thread around here somewhere. Interesting that while we were talking about it as a source of triggers, it was helping you start looking for us.

I never thought of tracking down the perp. I never wanted to see him again. Still don't.

Thanks,

Joe

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.