Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
6 registered (petercorbett, 86, 4 invisible), 20 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443024 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#85722 - 03/12/04 06:58 PM Protest in France: March 17th
Caetel Offline

Loc: Paris, France
On March 17th, a big concert "Against incest and pedophilia" will be organized in Paris by famous French artists.
The organizer Bruno Solo (famous actor) is really amazing, addressing the real problems, talking straight and not stupid politically correct ! He has been in two TV shows so far to talk about the sufferings of victims.
A few "associations" are organizing a protest at 3pm on that day, before the concert. I will be there, protesting for the first time, with a tshirt telling my story and wearing a white mask (for legal reason).
Things are moving in France. We are still asking our politicians to pass a law so that sexual abuse and rape of children are considered a crime against humanity.
It's good that because of the Dutroux trial people are talking about the horrors we have experienced and the sufferings we bear every day.
The problem in France is that journalists keep talking about pedophiles (like being "the other", "the evil pervert outsiders")but they are blind and prudish ! In France 80 % of sexual abuses are done within families and 30 % of all sexual abuses are perpetrated by the fathers !!!!
I will keep you posted on that protest. I'd like to send photos of the protest if there is a way to publish them here !
We are fighting over here and more importantly we are getting organized ! The next step is education within schools.
That's it for now from the French \:\) !

#85723 - 03/12/04 07:42 PM Re: Protest in France: March 17th
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Way to go. Keep us informed brother.,

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#85724 - 03/13/04 07:10 PM Re: Protest in France: March 17th
Caetel Offline

Real happy and proud to be called "brother" Mike ! I am so proud to have earned that title !
\:\)
Yes I am one of you though I am technically a woman ! \:D

#85725 - 03/14/04 02:40 AM Re: Protest in France: March 17th
gryffindor Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St. Charles, Illinois
Caro,

Vive les francaises! Congratulations. I wish I could protest along with you. What is going on in Belgium is a world-class scandal; yet I haven't seen one word about it published in the U.S. media. Thank you for keeping us informed. The problem is some very deepseated desire to believe that pedophilia is an extremely rare problem and just doesn't happen in our neighborhood. After all we are middle-class people with middle-class values. We don't do things like that. Oh yeah?

Mary

"Had I not fallen, I could not have arisen; had I not sat in darkness, I would not have recognized the light." Midrash Tehillim Ch. 22

#85726 - 03/17/04 03:10 PM Re: Protest in France: March 17th
Caetel Offline

I am just back from the protest led in front of the Bataclan, a famous concert hall in Paris.
Members of different associations were there, for the firts time talking and discussing new events and actions.
The main actor organizing the event Bruno Solo came out to speak to us. It seems that he is a male survivor but did not talk about it. He had tears in his eyes just looking at us. He is a great guy, truly dedicated to our cause.
I wore a tshirt I made, telling my story. I am going to send them to the site here if you want to show them.
It has been such a big step for me, I am really for the first time accepting and integrating my incest history as part of my life.
I am trying to keep calm for tomorrow. I am looking forward to the restaurant party on Saturday with http://www.incest.org. The "evil" guy (see post horrible gossips in the family and friend section) was there today, strangely enough trying to make conversation with me, clearly embarassed !
V did not come today. I really hope to see him on saturday and maybe if I am lucky before that at the hospital where I have my classes and where he is having his internship !!!! Yes he decided to go in the department where I am having my classes !
Love and hugs
Caro

#85727 - 03/17/04 03:11 PM Re: Protest in France: March 17th
Caetel Offline

Sorry I meant I am going to send some photos to the site.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.