Newest Members
PaulnMA, andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm
12252 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closerthenveins (26), Nvolpicelli (24), Sven (19)
Who's Online
1 registered (tbkkfile), 47 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63112 Topics
441360 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#85693 - 01/27/04 09:05 AM Victory !
Caetel Offline

Loc: Paris, France
The breaking news came this morning : after being rejected for the second time by the Senate in France, the Parliement and the Senate came to a final agreement : victims of incest and other sexual abuse will have 20 years after their majority (18) to press charges instead of 10 years. This is such an achievement, we have struggled so much in the last few months. So many of us, male and female survivors, members of http://www.inceste.org have had the courage to speak out, crushed the law of silence and stood up in front of the Senate house to protest for the very first time.
I am so emotional writing this message ! I want to scream it to the world !
We are now continuing the struggle to make sexual abuse against children a crime against humanity.
We have won ! I am so proud, so proud ! Now I am crying !
Love to you all
Caro

#85694 - 01/27/04 12:10 PM Re: Victory !
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Caro I am so proud of my brothers in France for what has been accomplished. We have similar laws here. As a matter of fact I do not think that there is any limitation here.

Exellent mes amis

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#85695 - 01/28/04 01:16 PM Re: Victory !
ScottyTodd Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Pennsylvania
Hey Caro - What a moment in time!! Hugs to all of you who have freed the victims in France to re-take their lives back!! You've achieved a great victory for the suffering!! Your work has now just begun again - educate! Encourage! Support!

(((hugs))) Howard

#85696 - 02/02/04 06:16 PM Re: Victory !
Caetel Offline

Loc: Paris, France
Thank you Howard ! We are currently developping programmes to talk in schools about sexual abuse and also we are continuing the struggle to make sexual abuse of children a crime against humanity.
Yes people can change the world ! One person can make the difference and remember: we are not alone anymore !!!!!

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.