Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
2 registered (susie, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63359 Topics
443048 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#85688 - 01/26/04 08:50 PM Scoutmaster Secret
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
On Sunday, January 25th Court TV showed a one hour documentray called Scoutmaster Secret. It was not triggering--but it was very discouraging that he got by for nearly 20 years abusing boys--would have continued except one of the boys he molester murdered his parents and teenage sister. Even then, it took some other awful things to drive a molested nephew of his to put a gun to his head and march him to the boys parents and made him admit that he had been raping he and his brother since they were yo9ung boys.

I am going to contact Court TV to thank them for the high quality documentary that is was.

Bob

#85689 - 01/26/04 09:02 PM Re: Scoutmaster Secret
Little_E Offline
Member & Volunteer
MaleSurvivor
Loc: London UK
Makes me sick when its a scout leader doing this shit. Me myself am a scout leader. And last year one of your distic's leaders was arrested for Child abuse. He had shit loads of images and videos he had taken. But he walked away wiv a Custodial Sentences - No Jail time. Makes me sick that i was worked with this Fuck head on a few camps, and drank wiv him after the AGMs.

Needs to be pointed out thou that only a handful of FuckWits wivin the scout movement are into for alterative means. Lets just hope the law gets them b4 i do!!

DISTUBED VISIONS OF AN UNDERWORLD!!

#85690 - 01/27/04 02:18 AM Re: Scoutmaster Secret
ScottyTodd Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Pennsylvania
Bob and Little e - There is very little that surprises or shocks me anymore...yet I still get sad and angry when these stories emerge. In this court tv presentation, the sadness for me is indeed how long it occured and the multitude of victims known and unknown. Such a mess of lives by just ONE perp! Justice, in my mind, goes much farther than adjucating them in court!! That's the tip of the iceburg...victim recovery (balanced and restorative justice)is much more extensive, helpful and brings more justice - repairing lives. But sadly parents want to "save their child from the harshness of life" and try to put "this badness" behind them refusing any real treatment for the young victims!! That's where my sadness then anger comes in!!

Little e, I was a scout for many years and it is devastating that the 90% good, caring scout leadership get painted with a brush colored by that rotten 10%.

Howard

#85691 - 01/27/04 03:50 AM Re: Scoutmaster Secret
Stephen_5 Offline
BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern California Foothills
Back in 1959 or so one of the assistant scoutmasters in our troop disappeared suddenly and nothing was ever said about him again. I remember him as a likeable young man from the nearby military base. I remember that he disappeared a little while after he rescued me from sleeping in the same tent with the older boy who abused me often at an overnight campout. He and that older boy shared a tent on that campout. I guess it just goes on and on. But it stopped here.

Take care,

Steve

#85692 - 01/28/04 09:19 PM Re: Scoutmaster Secret
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
My main abuser was my assistant scoutmaster. But I love Scouting--it was the one real bright spot in my young life at the time. Scouting is a great place for a boy to become a man. I think that it is a pretty safe place these days. But, I think no youth group of boys that goes on campouts etc can ever be totally safe. Still, if I had a son, I would hope he would want to be a Scout--and hopefully an Eagle Scout.

Bob

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.