Newest Members
Barracuda312, Just Hanging, mossTI, E35, 1975
12339 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12339 Members
74 Forums
63435 Topics
443442 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#85682 - 01/17/04 05:20 PM H.S.Hazing and CSA
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Just for your information.

SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, December 22, 2003 prints an investigative article on hazing that involves sodomy and other forms of CSA.

SI would not permit me to re-print or link to the article here. But, you could get it at the library.

WARNING! THIS IS VERY TRIGGERING!

My purpose for calling attention to this article is that it has sparked another fire in me to try to figure how I can persoanally get the word out that boys ARE harmed by this sexual abuse.

BUT, IF you do read this, make sure you understand that no survivor could read this and not be in some way deeply affected.

The name of the article is: A Rite Gone Terribly Wrong by Grant Wahl and L Jon Wertheim

It is a Special Report

Bob

#85683 - 01/18/04 02:13 PM Re: H.S.Hazing and CSA
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Bob
It certainly is triggering, and although it is very graphic it never becomes gratuitous. The standard of reporting is first class.

Hazing, or just bullying, abuse and sadism as it should be called, is alive in every macho culture there is. Over here in the UK Soccer culture it's become ok to gang rape young girls, it's the same sort of mentality.

Sports Illustrated deserves great credit for publishing this no holds barred report. I'm just glad that someone alerted me to it.

Dave

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.