Newest Members
Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons, TantraPunk
12250 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AdawgJR (28), Brian (50), hikerpark (52), Jeremy Welch (47), Logan81 (2014), Olson30 (60), Patrick7958 (56)
Who's Online
8 registered (ACRoberts, BuffaloCO, don64, 4 invisible), 43 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12250 Members
73 Forums
63103 Topics
441290 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#85652 - 12/01/03 11:39 AM Ozzy Osbourne CSA Survivor
gryffindor Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St. Charles, Illinois
LONDON, Dec 1 (Reuters) - British heavy metal singer Ozzy Osbourne said in a newspaper interview on Monday that he was sexually abused as a child.

The former Black Sabbath frontman, who won a new generation of fans with a fly-on-the-wall TV series set in his Beverly Hills home, said the abuse took place when he was a schoolboy in central England.

"I was sexually abused as a kid," Osbourne, 54, said in an interview splashed across three pages of the Daily Mirror. "Two boys used to wait for me to come home after school."

"They felt me and touched me. It became a regular thing on the way home from school -- it seemed to go on forever."

He said he was too scared to tell his parents and that he needed counseling later in life to come to terms with it.

"When I was a kid, people did not talk about these things like they do now," he said. "I worked on it with a therapist."

Osbourne became one of the world's biggest heavy metal stars, selling more than 60 million albums in a three-decade career noted for its alcohol- and drug-fueled excess.

He said he cut down his drinking after an ultimatum from his wife, Sharon, who was diagnosed with colon cancer in 2002.

"She left me for four days," he said. "I think I have had one glass of wine since."

The alcohol exacerbated a hereditary condition which gives him a pronounced tremor, which he controls with medication.

"Now I am only taking two pills three times a day and I feel a hell of a lot better for it," he said.

After performing for Britain's Queen Elizabeth and winning a third series of his reality TV show, Osbourne said he was surprised by the long-running success.

"I have had an incredible life," he told the Mirror. "I am 55 on December 3 -- how I survived is a miracle."

Reuters/VNU

You are not alone.

Mary

P.S. I copied this from the internet.

"Had I not fallen, I could not have arisen; had I not sat in darkness, I would not have recognized the light." Midrash Tehillim Ch. 22

#85653 - 12/01/03 02:42 PM Re: Ozzy Osbourne CSA Survivor
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
I wish more celebrities could be so open.

Peace,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#85654 - 12/01/03 05:59 PM Re: Ozzy Osbourne CSA Survivor
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Ozzy is one of my heroes, the MTV show cracks me up \:D

He's a local boy to me, and I was lucky enough to see Black Sabbath performing at local flea pits way back - father back than I want to admit ! ;\)

But is it any wonder that he sang songs like Paranoid ?

Paranoid

Finished with my woman 'cause she couldn't help me with my mind
people think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time
All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy
Think I'll lose my mind if I don't find something to pacify

Can you help me occupy my brain?
Oh yeah

I need someone to show me the things in life that I can't find
I can't see the things that make true happiness, I must be blind

Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry
Happiness I cannot feel and love to me us so unreal

And so as you hear these words telling you now of my state
I tell you to enjoy life I wish I could but it's too late

It's good to see guys like Ozzy making a stand, they do make a difference.

For all the Paranoid lyrics chec this site.

http://www.black-sabbath.com/discog/paranoid.html

Dave

#85655 - 12/01/03 07:42 PM Re: Ozzy Osbourne CSA Survivor
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Eveery time a famous person breaks the silence it gets us the exposure we need.

The only thing I know of Ozzy is a really funny comercial he made with Marie and Donny Osmond.

Bob

#85656 - 12/02/03 09:36 AM Re: Ozzy Osbourne CSA Survivor
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
MSN's home page is giving the story one of the top billings today. Check it out at http://www.msn.com.
Ken

#85657 - 12/03/03 10:38 PM Re: Ozzy Osbourne CSA Survivor
senordeaner Offline

I think it's awesome that Ozzy can be brave enough and say something like that. I always liked his music, his show is funny, you can tell he's a good guy. He chose a good way to exfoliate his emotions-with music. Unfortunately, he used a lot of drugs and alcohol also, but he's still standing. Sabbath made some great rock 'n roll, I just wish that rock would still exist today.
It's good to know that someone I look up to is a lot more like myself.

#85658 - 12/04/03 01:22 AM Re: Ozzy Osbourne CSA Survivor
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Loyd,
You said "He's a local boy to me, and I was lucky enough to see Black Sabbath performing at local flea pits way back - father back than I want to admit !"

to anyone who loves Black Sabbath you dont have to admit it..you just did ;\) ........
lol
James

#85659 - 12/04/03 08:07 PM Re: Ozzy Osbourne CSA Survivor
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
And I STILL play air guitar ! \:D \:D \:D

Dave \:o

#85660 - 12/06/03 06:01 PM Re: Ozzy Osbourne CSA Survivor
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Ozzy was interviewed on British TV last night, and you know what ?

He makes PERFECT sense to me now.

Dave

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.