Dave, don't you think that 10%-17% of registered voters voting make up the best decission for the entire public. Of course the other 83%-90% are the first to complain. Our last election had a "good" turnout at 23%, yippee. Don't forget those that won't even register to vote. Darn shame.
Our jury pool used to be the registered voters. I personally knew serveral people that wouldn't register to vote, just to to keep from getting jury duty. They were big complainers about the politicans that were elected. It was a good thing when they took away the jury pool from registered voters and changed it to licensed drivers. I don't know anybody that won't drive, just to avoid jury duty.
My personal voting record is pretty good. Haven't missed a single election in over 4 years. Before that, I avoided school elections, as I didn't have children and felt it better left up to those that had children to make those decissions, even if they were voting to raise my property taxes. I was willing to pay more taxes if the parents felt it was needed for their children to get a better education. I now vote in those elections, as I am now a parent.
Of course more money doesn't mean more education. Just fancier perks and more pay for the board. Gee, don't they deserve it, they have so much more money that they need to disperse?
Pain is Temporary; Quitting lasts Forever. - Lance Armstrong