Newest Members
The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101, JCEldrid
12286 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12286 Members
73 Forums
63206 Topics
441968 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#85601 - 11/11/03 10:57 PM Coach/baby-sitter molester
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
ON WISCONSIN : JS ONLINE : NEWS : MILWAUKEE :
E-MAIL | PRINT THIS STORY

Coach accused of molestation

Man baby-sat neighbor boys at south side home

By JESSICA McBRIDE
jmcbride@journalsentinel.com

Last Updated: Nov. 7, 2003

A youth baseball coach molested six neighbor boys and tried to molest another while baby-sitting some of the youths at his south side Milwaukee home, according to a criminal complaint filed Friday in Milwaukee County Circuit Court.

Scott Douglas Gross, 28, asked some of the boys whether they wanted to be on his baseball team, the complaint says. Others were players on teams Gross coached, the complaint says.

The complaint alleges:

Gross told one 9-year-old boy he could play on the team without paying the $20 sign-up fee if he let Gross touch his genitals, the complaint says. The boy refused, and Gross gave the boy a baseball form and told him not to tell anybody, the complaint says.

Other boys whom Gross molested at his home in the 2400 block of S. 19th St. met Gross through his baseball activities, the complaint says.

The boys were all between the ages of 7 and 12. Two are brothers. The mother of the brothers told police that both of her children played baseball for Gross and spent the night at his home. She said she knew her sons slept in his room when they spent the night.

Gross told police that "he knows that he has a problem and needs help to stop; he never planned for this to happen, it was all spur of the moment," according to the complaint.

Gross was charged with six counts of first-degree sexual assault of a child and one count of child enticement. He could face 60 years in prison on each sexual assault charge and 25 years in prison on the child enticement count.

Gross has been an occasional volunteer and employed as a part-time youth sports coach at the Beulah Brinton Recreational and Community Center, 2555 S. Bay St., operated by Milwaukee Public Schools, an MPS spokesman confirmed previously. Gross was arrested Sunday after one of the boys told his parents.

Prosecutor Paul Tiffin said Friday that it appeared that Gross sought out boys from his neighborhood as opposed to using his baseball coaching activities to recruit them for sexual activity. And Tiffin said there were probably not going to be additional charges.

"The police have followed up with his coaching, and there is no reason to believe that anything more is going to happen," said Tiffin. "The concern was that this was a coach, but I think this is the extent of it."

The complaint says the various sexual assaults occurred between Dec. 19, 2000, and Sunday.

Tiffin said there had been other sexual molestation cases with as many victims in his office before but called this situation "an ugly case. The parents trusted him with their kids. The kids slept over."

From the Nov. 8, 2003 editions of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

One more blocked from harming more boys

#85602 - 11/13/03 07:37 PM Re: Coach/baby-sitter molester
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
The real annoying thing is the defence 'lawyer-speak'

Quote:
Gross told police that "he knows that he has a problem and needs help to stop; he never planned for this to happen, it was all spur of the moment," according to the complaint.
Ok, I know everyone has the right to the best defence possible, I would fight to the end for that right.

But when they say "it was all spur of the moment," we - as survivors - can see right through it.
He made a point of coaching kids so he could be close to them. It's what pedo's do.

The sad fact is that many people accept the "spur of the moment" line and a 'career pedo' possibly gets sentenced for an "out of character slip up" instead of a series of offences.

It's a legal and moral minefield, and I haven't got any answers.
I defend the right to fair trials for just that one offence, but I hate to see career pedo's getting light sentences.

Dave

#85603 - 11/15/03 12:29 PM Re: Coach/baby-sitter molester
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Dave's right. These guys don't act on "the spur of the moment." They plan for it!

Did my "counselor" act on "the spur of the moment" when he seduced me, abused me, terrorized me?

Hell no!

They have a right to a defense, but the children and adults have a right to live free of these pieces of utter s**t!

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.