Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
-Matt- (39), kevin1963 (51), Northwoods (61), rcb0973 (58), sportinrucks (29)
Who's Online
5 registered (bluesky, SurvivingMe, 3 invisible), 63 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62495 Topics
438040 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#85573 - 09/25/03 01:28 PM Hurray for Hollywood
MrEdd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Texas

#85574 - 09/25/03 04:38 PM Re: Hurray for Hollywood
Sick Puppy Offline

Loc: Nowhere Land
I am sorry but that it is biggest load of propaganda I have seen in a long time. Notice how they say "convicted child molestor" every time they say his name? Yeah, they're not trying to sway the viewer at all :rolleyes:

While of course his actions were wrong that doesn't have anything to do with his work (shitty or not.) It's like that guy who did the Pianist.

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun
And count every beautiful thing we can see

Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea

#85575 - 09/25/03 05:12 PM Re: Hurray for Hollywood
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Quote:
Yeah, they're not trying to sway the viewer at all
Josh,

I think swaying the reader is exactly what she's trying to do. In light of another recent discussion here on the boards, what if she were writing about an unrepentant convicted sex offender who earned praise as a jail guard from his superiors instead of a movie director working with child/young adult actors?

From the article:
Quote:
Francis Ford Coppola's co-executive producer, Bobby Rock, glibly told the San Jose Mercury News last week: "The film did very well at the box office – that's all that matters to us."
Her message that the botton line is all that counts, despite a lot of warning signs that the boys working with this man could be in real danger shows that some people in Hollywood have some sick priorities.

I hope she sways a lot of people's minds.

Thanks,

Joe

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.