Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
4 registered (Austintexan, 3 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63181 Topics
441797 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#85405 - 08/27/02 05:43 PM Any volunteers ?
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Quote:
VOLUNTEERS SOUGHT AS PAEDOPHILE MINDERS

VOLUNTEERS will be asked to befriend paedophiles on their release from prison to help stop them re-offending.

The Home Office has backed a pilot project in Hampshire, where mobs attacked the homes of suspected sex offenders two years ago.

Teams of between four and six volunteers will be asked to 'adopt' some of the 713 men on the male sex offenders' register in the county.

The Daily Telegraph reports Southampton-based Hampton Trust is to run the project, which could be expanded to the rest of England and Wales if successful.

Spokeswoman Carrie Guinan says the project is still in the planning stages but it will be based on a scheme successfully pioneered in Canada.

She said: "A group of volunteers will together offer support to try to reduce the feeling of exclusion which often affects offenders when they are released."

In the Canadian scheme, groups are encouraged to do everyday things with offenders, including going for walks, playing computer games and engaging in sport.

British volunteers will initially have to undertake a 15-hour training programme to advise them on working with sex offenders.

A Home Office spokesman said: "They become a circle of friends who offer support and guidance. We can only speculate on the people who will volunteer, but we would like them to have the integrity required for the difficult role."
from AOL news service.

Sometimes I wonder about governments, is this ever a cheapo option ?

For starters, who's going to want to be associated with them in any way ? normal people will stay away, maybe a few do-gooders will apply.
But my guess is the rush for application forms will come from the smart, undiscovered pedo's after buddy's.

And we all know what plausible liars they can be.

Spend some money, keep the bastards in jail. It's worth every penny of my taxes !!

Lloydy

#85406 - 08/27/02 10:41 PM Re: Any volunteers ?
orodo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Imladris, The Safe Haven of Ar...
I can see how it might actually be a bit fun to torment these guys...."I'm watching you...you don't know where or when...or who...he hehehe" It's actually a fantasay of mine to stalk and haunt one of my perps in particular...this would be good training for me. Of course, I can't be serious...right? Have mercy.

It is better to be Dragon Master than Dragon Slayer. Some Dragons are meant to be mastered, others meant to be slain. Odin, Great Spirit, God, grant me the wisdom to know the difference. "May the Valar guide and bless you on your path under the sky"

#85407 - 08/28/02 01:11 PM Re: Any volunteers ?
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
How about this for an idea ?

We've lied to ourselves and our loved ones for years, we're olympic liars as well.
So we should apply and say nothing about being survivors, imagine the fun to be had then ? ;\)

Just one word to the angry mob and street justice will be served.

If ever there's an idea that's going to fall flat on its arse this is it, but I wonder how the Canadian's manage it. Anybody know ?

Lloydy

#85408 - 09/06/02 01:04 PM Re: Any volunteers ?
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Damn its great to come to a place with a group of men who can be so brutally honest!

If I believed in doing something to help & support released sex offenders & get them back into society--and I don't--I certainly don't think this would be the answer! To me this idea asks for perps to try it again, makes it easy for them. It also, clearly, begs for them to be subjected to survivor revenge & mob justice. Hey, on the other hand, maybe it's not such a bad idea!

No really, this idea sucks. And I seriously doubt if it has been "successfully pioneered"--whatever in hell that means--in Canada, or anywhere else!

Who's judging what "successful" means? The perps? The government officials who are glad not to have to pay to imprison these menaces anymore? Is successful defined as "oh good another perp back on the streets doing his thing? We saved money? We did a good deed & reformed a perp (and how the hell would they know that anyway!)? Or is it just a matter of "we actually tried a program that "worked."?

Maybe success means we created & maintained jobs: for the people who masterminded & who carry out this jackass of an idea!
:rolleyes:
If that plan comes this way maybe I'll volunteer: so that I can do everything in my power to make sure that at least one pervert never hurts anyone else again.

That feels good! I used to feel guilty about saying such things & having such feelings. But I'm not the one who's guilty here. I was a victim. Now I'm a survivor. And to me this is part of survival.

Do I think there's a place for perp reform? Yeah--in prison! That's where we can make damn sure they stay reformed! Whether they actually reform or repent inside is to me irrelevant. In my opinion, you never let a murderer back on the streets to murder again. Pedophiles & sexual abusers are murderers, even worse than shooting or stabbing someone.

Hell no, leave them incarcerated, and make them work while imprisoned to pay back their debt to their victims & to society--as if they could ever pay such a debt; so let em pay the rest of their lives for what they did! Aren't we?!

Speaking of victims rights, how about a law by which the perp comes out but lives his/her life in house arrest & work release, constantly monitored--by his victims or people they hire (now that would create a few jobs I bet!).

Better yet, how about a release program in which the perp comes out, and right into a dark alley or locked room where his victims & an angry mob of their friends get at least 5 minutes with him, while the rest of the world either cheers or looks the other way!

Shit yeah I'm mad! This is one of the most dumbass & destructive ideas I've ever heard in my life! "A mind is a terrible thing to waste." Lots of wasted minds behind this idea!

I hope this idea can fail without any innocent people getting hurt!

OK fellas I'm climbing off my soapbox now! Thanks for being here.

Wuame

#85409 - 09/06/02 01:24 PM Re: Any volunteers ?
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
You just stay right on that soapbox Wuame, keep shouting and ranting.

It's what we should all do in the face of idiocy like this, and your 100% right - this is just a plan to ease our overcrowded jails and reduce costs. And I'd bet big money that there's some pimply do - gooder who's made a pretty coloured graph that "proves all the benefits".

I've tried to find out a bit more about this but drawn a blank, so where exactly it's being hailed a success is anyones guess. Probably some place way up in the Northern Territories with a population of six people, ten bears and a moose ! possibly the only place I would consider releasing the scumbags back into the community.

Lloydy

#85411 - 09/07/02 03:51 PM Re: Any volunteers ?
Eddie Offline

Loc: Cub Hill, Md
Lloydy,
Setting here watching the Eastenders on BBC America and read your post...Dam your country comes up with some weird shit when it comes to Peds! I would like to see them all put to death...there is no way to reabilacate these ass holes...hope they start this shit in america...I will be glad to take a few for their last walk!!!!

Eddie

#85412 - 09/07/02 07:24 PM Re: Any volunteers ?
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Hi Eddie
Yeah, bring em round to my house, I'll show them a "good time !!"

What's up with Eastenders ? other than it's a soap.
But it's actually pretty good when dealing with "issues" when you consider what it is and what time it goes out.
Recently they've dealt with SA between a 12 yo girl and her uncle and wife beating - spouse rape, in very realistic and sensitive ways.
I know that after each episode they give out helpline numbers for people affected by the plot lines and certainly the SA episodes had the switchboards overloaded, thousands of calls.

And that's got to be a good thing, although it's sad so many people are affected. But if it takes popular TV to raise awareness then so be it. Arty farty performance art might be trendy and politially correct but it has an audience of three, so who cares ?

soaps do my head in but Sugar likes Eastenders so I get to watch it as well :rolleyes:
But isn't Phil the man eh ? hard as nails....

Lloydy \:D

#85413 - 09/07/02 10:42 PM Re: Any volunteers ?
Eddie Offline

Loc: Cub Hill, Md
Yeah, I watch it because Babs likes it!!!...Have been for 15 years..only we get it 3 years old...just started getting BBC America...Today's Eastenders has really changed with a lot of the people...Really liked the Nutter Brothers ...Phil and Grant...What happened to Grant???

Eddie

#85414 - 09/08/02 05:56 AM Re: Any volunteers ?
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Grant gets it in the end, very dramatic. Nuff said !!

If you're 3 years behind you've got the other abuse, wife beating stuff to come fairly soon. Stick with it, it's heavy stuff.Had me in tears for heavens sake \:D but worth watching.
Lloydy

#85415 - 09/10/02 12:25 PM Re: Any volunteers ?
integrator Offline

Loc: New York
Soaps? Now you're talking. BBC? Gads! Not long ago I saw "Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines" and guess who made an appearance? Benny Hill!

Speaking of volunteering, here's a link to act on the situation of the harsh Islamic extremist penalty for extra-marital relations in Nigeria: http://web.amnesty.org/web/content.nsf/pages/gbr_nigeria

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.