Newest Members
Jay1159, jon-jon, want more, pgh15217, Barracuda312
12343 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
4 registered (Steve J, HD001, pufferfish, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12343 Members
74 Forums
63439 Topics
443465 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#85378 - 07/30/02 02:43 PM Week-old baby girl raped in South Africa
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Tuesday July 30, 01:20 PM

Reuters web site.

Week-old baby girl raped in South Africa
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) -

A week-old baby girl has been raped in South Africa, making her the youngest victim in a spate of child rapes fuelled by the myth that sex with a virgin cures AIDS.

Superintendent Lawrence Zondi told Reuters by telephone that police were investigating Sunday's attack at Kwaminya in KwaZulu-Natal province.

"A week-old child has been raped by an unknown person. She is seriously injured but her condition is stable," he said on Tuesday.

On Friday, a South African man was sentenced to life imprisonment for raping a nine-month-old baby in an attack that outraged a country known for high levels of violent crime.

Passing sentence on 23-year-old David Potse, Judge Hennie Lacock said the rape of the baby -- identified only by the nickname Tshepang, meaning "Have Hope" -- was the most gruesome example of a human rights violation that he had come across.

Lacock said he would have imposed the death penalty without hesitation had South Africa not abolished capital punishment.

Tshepang survived October's attack but had reconstructive surgery to repair her genitals and internal organs.

Some 21,000 cases of child rape were reported to South African police last year. Experts say some of the culprits are infected with the HIV/AIDS virus and believe -- as elsewhere in Africa -- that sex with a young virgin will cure them.

On Tuesday, Superintendent Zondi said the baby's mother, whom he did not name, saw blood on the child's diaper when she changed it on Sunday evening and found bruises on her genitals.

"I am speechless and horrified," said Kelly Hatfield, who heads a group opposing violence against women in South Africa.

"Rape is about power and control but how much more powerful can you be over something so little and vulnerable? It shows lack of self-esteem, depression, depravity and perversion," she told Reuters.

#85380 - 07/30/02 07:38 PM Re: Week-old baby girl raped in South Africa
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
perhaps the worst thing about this is the level of ignorance.......perhaps not ?
Lloydy

#85381 - 07/31/02 04:24 AM Re: Week-old baby girl raped in South Africa
Harry Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
god that was sad on so many levels.
and frusterating.
and more.
is it fucked up of me to hope this guy dies slowly from his disease?

#85383 - 08/02/02 08:20 AM Re: Week-old baby girl raped in South Africa
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Well they dont have the death penalty anymore, but I can't see his life in prison being an easy ride. It's still a somewhat brutal society at times, so leniency and rehabilitation wont be on offer.
Lloydy

#85384 - 08/02/02 10:44 AM Re: Week-old baby girl raped in South Africa
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
This was an awful thing to read. Really disturbing and upsetting. I probably should not have read it at all.
I just think that the authorities have to be certain that this guy can never get near another child, ever.
I hope that baby will be okay.
Bob

#85385 - 08/09/02 11:24 AM Re: Week-old baby girl raped in South Africa
integrator Offline

Loc: New York
Naw, break the cycle. It's time for that guy to get some serious therapy. I say strap him down and subject him to New Age positive thinking and therapy. Offer him work as an incentive. Then turn him loose to help break the cycle of violence. He's just a sign of the times, and needs to be turned into an agent of justice.

#85386 - 08/20/02 10:11 AM Re: Week-old baby girl raped in South Africa
Broken Offline

Loc: Huntingtun Beach, CA, US
the man is human. and the most merciful thing we could do for him is to shoot him in the head. I am serious, because letting him live is only prolonging the life of someone who has given up on love and compassion. His life is nothing but pain. Anyone who wants to torture him to death should try it themselves, and see if they dont see piece of him reflected back in thier eyes. Compassion isnt something you can turn on and off like a tap. You either admit that we are all of us human, or you become like they are. And if you decide to care, even about a piece of shit like this, you understand that it takes a much stronger man to be merciful than to hate.

#441551 - 07/21/13 12:16 AM Re: Week-old baby girl raped in South Africa [Re: Lloydy]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
"I am speechless and horrified," said Kelly Hatfield, who heads a group opposing violence against women in South Africa.

"Rape is about power and control but how much more powerful can you be over something so little and vulnerable? It shows lack of self-esteem, depression, depravity and perversion,"

that says it all for me.

this story is almost impossible to comprehend.

War
Love
Poetry

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.