Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
3 registered (Jwmcd2, 86, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63236 Topics
442193 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#85301 - 06/07/03 10:21 AM Surrounded by Perps?!
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
News Item #1:

Dr. Perry Reese III surrendered his NC medical license following an April 9 arrest for drug trafficking.

Reese's license had already been suspended in 1996, temporarily reinstated in 1998, and then reinstated in 2000.

No not for drug trafficking.

On May 7 1996 Reese "admitted that on at least three occasions he inappropriately touched female patients during examinations."

For this Reese had his license suspended for two whole years.

Oh yes, he also "was required by the board to attend professional sexual misconduct counseling and have another person present when examining female patients".

Both things that IMHO should required of all health care & social workers anyway.

Shoot, I had to go thru professional sexual misconduct training as standard procedure in my work, and no I'm not a doctor (but I play one on TV--nyuk nyuk nyuk!). And I wouldn't think of working alone with a woman in anything close to such a compromising situation as that.

If I "inappropriately touched" a woman even once in my work I would probably lose whatever license I have for good and rightly so. The two years would be at least the minimum time I would probably spend in jail--and it wouldn't be nearly enuf.

No doubt the same is true for most of you whatever your work is.

Did the fact that Dr. Perry 1) is a doctor and 2) works in a situation that requires some intimate if supposedly professionally detached contact with women get him off easier? Shoulda been if anything the opposite.

--------------------------------------------------

News Item #2:

Darrius Orlando Faison, 31, pleaded guilty to statutory sex offense last week. He was "charged with statutory rape in August 2002 when he was accused of sexually assaulting a 13 year old babysitter."
"Records show he picked the girl up at her home and was taking her to his home to babysit. He reportedly stopped at the Clinton Cemetery where he told the girl to get out of the vehicle, and sexually assaulted her.

For this Faison was sentenced "to not less than
60 months, nor more than 81 months in the N.C. Department of Corrections."
Meanwhile this has given this poor 13 year old girl the lifetime sentence of struggling to survive the perversions he perpetrated against her!

How much "free" (at we the taxpayers expense!)room & board and health care will this innocent,
traumatized young girl get in her prison?
From which there can be no "parole"? How hard will
she have to work and how well will she be able to do so just to live, just to survive?!

--------------------------------------------------

OK I'm mad. Yes I'm venting, ranting, raving, whatever. It tears me apart & burns me up that this happens anywhere, to anybody, ever.

Now I know full well these kinds of perversions
don't just happen in big cities. This wasn't in NYC or LA. It wasn't even in Charlotte or Raleigh NC. No these two horror stories unfolded in a tiny town and a larger town right near me.

It was a shock to pick up yesterday's little local (county) newspaper and see both of these stories on the front page.

I never get used to it.

God help me if I ever do.

Victor

PS: Not much more to tell but if you want to check
out these horror stories online here's the link: http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?brd=1117

#85302 - 06/07/03 02:23 PM Re: Surrounded by Perps?!
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Hey victor,
I understand your anger. In Montana they just sent a man to jail for abusing a 12 year old girl. 1st. it took them 7 years to get him to court while the hole time we was walking around a free man (7 years). 2nd. This pile of worm dun got a sentence of 15 years for what he did. 3rd ready for this? Out of the 15 years, 13 of them were defered. So, at least on paper, he will serve 2 years behind bars. Ofcourse with time off for "good" behavor and such he'll be out before this poor girl finishes her first year of collage. And we call the system we have jutuce. Please.

James

#85303 - 06/07/03 06:28 PM Re: Surrounded by Perps?!
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Victor and James:

Guys I hate to say this but unless we all stand up and howl together this type of shit will continue. I actual fact the courts take a much stiffer attitude to sa in Ontario than in any other place in North America.

But what I wanted to tell you guys is do not let yourself get too worked up about something you cannot influence alone. Lets do it together. Lets write to every gd newspaper , tv station, government, tv network, the FBI and The President. Maybe just maybe something will come of it all.

We can always hope that this asshole is accidently released into the prison population for a while.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOO

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.