Newest Members
Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss, JW1230
12363 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
40035 (55), Brayton (60), DavidJ (65), Grout (29), JJM33 (43), RockyMtJoe (66)
Who's Online
2 registered (lapchinj, traveler), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12363 Members
74 Forums
63536 Topics
443896 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#85262 - 04/28/03 09:06 PM My own town
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
This is an excrpt from my old town's local paper. I only changed the people's names and the county names everything else is an exact excrpt from the town's paper. What does this say about how even criminals know how terriable of a crime this is but our judge's don't see it that way. I sure do hope that the petition about that one strike your out law goes into effect ASAP.

Sentencing too lenient
Editor, The Journal:

I am writing as a concerned citizen of County temporarily incarcerated out of the area. My concern is over the sentencing of one 66-year-old John, who was sentenced on March 27 to 30 days in the County Jail for "possession of depictions of minors engaged in sexually explicit conduct" by our honorable Judge Toni.

He had 1,300 photographs of people's children in sexually explicit positions on his PC with 118 floppy discs! Thirty days, not 30 years like he deserved, but 30 little days. What kind of a message is honorable Judge Toni trying to send to our public?

The 24 gross misdemeanors he "pled" guilty to should have been 24 federal indictments in federal court, where he belonged in the first place. If I caught someone with a nude picture of my kids or any other kids I would hold vigilante court right on the spot, and it wouldn't cost the taxpayers a dime.

Thirty days, 12 months probation and $610 for the crime victims' fund and court costs. I'll bet it cost the taxpayers more than it cost the defendant in court costs. Honorable Judge Toni even "waived" some of his "financial burdens" because he's indigent and in a wheelchair, and get this, he can't touch a PC for 12 months! My Lord, can she be so blind?

Someone needs to "run" against Judge Toni next time it is time to elect our officials. I personally think that two candidates for this position would be Municipal Court Judge Amber, or her husband Bruce, a well-established trial attorney in County. I'll bet they would make the proper changes in our "judicial system."

There is a new initiative out that needs signatures for one-strike-you're-out for sex offenders. I hope it passes and imprisons the predators it was meant to. Rock the vote; sign the petition.

Monty

#85263 - 04/29/03 11:56 AM Re: My own town
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Nathan I guess it is better here in Canada. In Ontario recently several of these assholes have been arrested and will likely have the book thrown at them. But it took a hell of a lot of anguish of fellow survivors to arrive at this juncture. We had the Mount Cashel shit in NFLD, Sheldon Kennedy and hockey player abused as a youngster by his coach and Martin Cruz blowing the whistle on the goings on at Maple Leaf Gardens.
Quote:
Possible trigger
The sad thing is that Sheldon no longer plays hockey and Martin could not bear this life

I cannot understand why the judicial system has been lenient for so long. Is it because they choose to ignore it as they have drunk driving murder or is it because they just dont know the personal costto a victim. I wish I knew the answers

But we are uniting and will be heard. So much so that the broher wolves out there who have not found us will and then we will not be denied

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOO

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#85264 - 04/30/03 04:39 PM Re: My own town
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Why does a prisoner understand how terrible a crime is but not a judge. Shows why I have no faith in the criminal system. I do have to agree with the prisoner if I every find out that he abused my brothers I would save the court system lots of time and money for sure.

Take care, Nathan

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.