Newest Members
Jay1159, jon-jon, want more, pgh15217, Barracuda312
12343 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
2 registered (Greg56, Seekingwisdom), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12343 Members
74 Forums
63439 Topics
443465 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#85199 - 03/28/03 11:55 PM new perp tracker...hehehehe
orodo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Imladris, The Safe Haven of Ar...
http://www.ci.portland.me.us/police/SOR.htm

Maine's largest city has finally posted the registerd SO's on the net...

hahaha my new fav frase...God Bless America...

peace

Orodo

It is better to be Dragon Master than Dragon Slayer. Some Dragons are meant to be mastered, others meant to be slain. Odin, Great Spirit, God, grant me the wisdom to know the difference. "May the Valar guide and bless you on your path under the sky"

#85200 - 03/29/03 12:40 PM Re: new perp tracker...hehehehe
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Orodo, that's great news. The more perp-trackers the better!

Victor

#85201 - 03/29/03 07:13 PM Re: new perp tracker...hehehehe
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Look at the faces, they ain't got horns or anything - just normal looking people.......

Dave

#85202 - 03/30/03 12:50 PM Re: new perp tracker...hehehehe
Mark Crawford Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
One very important detail to keep in mind. The majority of sex offenders have not yet been caught, are not yet convicted and therefore are not listed or registered on any announcements such as the one listed above by the city of Portland. A very sobering thought!

The priest who victimized me as well as my younger brother. Now resides in Maine but because he was never convicted (statute of limitations had expired) he is free to live there in relative obscurity. I am very interested in current Maine law as I was victimized in Maine as well as many other states...as the laws change these perps have fewer places to hide.

Orodo if you are familiar with current (Maine) state law regarding the statute of limitations I sure would like to know more about it.

Mark

#85203 - 03/30/03 03:03 PM Re: new perp tracker...hehehehe
orodo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Imladris, The Safe Haven of Ar...
Oh yes...I know that registered SO's are not the only ones. At least on the web, for those convicted, we can see what they look like, and keep our kids away? I WANT TO ADD MORE TO THE LIST. HEHEHEHE

With regard to Maine law, there are a whole host of issues. Separation of Church and State, First Amendment, prevents any accountability of the Church for their negligent supervision and failure to protect. There will be a case heard in Maine this summer, one well within the Statute of Limitations, which will test this decision again. I have little confidence that the Maine Supreme Court decision will be overturned. We wait to see. With regard to Statute of Limitations, I have contacted my State Rep. and he is attempting to present legislation modeled after that in California suspending the SOL. It may not make it through this Session, maybe in the fall. Regardless, successful suspension of the SOL for ALL SA survivors will allow proper investigation, exposure, trial, sentencing, and maybe even a little justice to be done. And then maybe just maybe a little healing. Certainly a good way to grow the list of registered SO's, which I believe is the best way for me to heal and grow. I've always said it's not about $$, but justice and protection of my children and other children. Suspension of SOL is one positive step in that direction, and is supported by the likes of SNAP (Survivors Network of Those Abused by Priests), Voice of the Faithful, Survivors First, The Linkup and many many more worthwhile organizations. All of which are dedicated to the healing of survivors and protection of children, if not as their primary mission, then as a major part of it.

One last thing however. Since the RC Church (and many others that we don't hear about, right Chey?)chooses to continue to lack leadership, (motivation still not known) it would appear that $$$ is the only way to get their attention. If they continue to deny wrongdoing (with regard to negligent supervision and failure to protect), then how can their ways be truly changed? This is not meant to sound vengeful, as I am a man of faith, or so i think, but, accountability and responsibility are needed from those who proclaim to be our leaders and brothers in Christ. If that cannot be had in the US and State Court Systems, perhaps Canon Law has some recourse? Doubtful...Pray for Peace

Orodo

It is better to be Dragon Master than Dragon Slayer. Some Dragons are meant to be mastered, others meant to be slain. Odin, Great Spirit, God, grant me the wisdom to know the difference. "May the Valar guide and bless you on your path under the sky"

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.