Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 13 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63403 Topics
443285 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#85146 - 02/21/03 02:38 PM Air Force Acadamey Cadets Claim Rape Reports Went Unheeded
Chey-Wy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cheyenne, WY
This morning I was listening to the news while I was getting ready for work. There was an article on there that said that Twelve people had filed rape charges against the academy and I think that I understood them to say that the victims were male. I tried to locate the article on chanel 9's websight but didn't find what I was looking for.

Here is an article that was in CNN the 17th.

http://news.findlaw.com/ap_stories/a/w/1152/2-17-2003/20030217021501_03.html

I am wondering if they are the same or different. I am thiking that perhaps after the women filed their case that 12 men decided to get together and tell their stories also.

Quote:
O K I found the information I was looking for. I found an article on cnn and also on 9news that I was watching this morning.
If you scroll down 5 posts you will find the new link to both the Nine-News report and the CNN report.

I have the V C R set to tape the noon and 5:00 news. I hope that they re-air the stories.

If anyone has any more information on this please let me know

Thanks,

John

Yeah, the good Lord gave us mountains,
So we could learn how to climb

#85147 - 02/21/03 03:30 PM Re: Air Force Acadamey Cadets Claim Rape Reports Went Unheeded
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
John:
We can add the Air Force Academy to the growing list of those that just do not get it. Boy is there ever a lot of STONWALLING going on. Well my bother someday soon all of them are gonna have to GET IT cause we will not take it for those wh come after us. They will get it sometime believe me.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#85148 - 02/21/03 04:44 PM Re: Air Force Acadamey Cadets Claim Rape Reports Went Unheeded
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Guys I'll be watching the news too.

I used to be in the Air Force. Where I was, sex between the men was a big joke. It was considered something men did consensually in order to be discharged. This of course was back in 1974-75.

Yeah, if any can stonewall it's the U.S. Armed Services.

More institutions that think the male victim or survivor is "just another brick in the wall!"

They do need an education. If we don't give it to them, who will?!

Men, it's time to break down the damn wall!

Victor

#85149 - 02/21/03 05:17 PM Re: Air Force Acadamey Cadets Claim Rape Reports Went Unheeded
Jess Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Thanks guys, Victor I would really be interested in a follow-up to this news story so please add a reply here after watching the news. On a brighter note; Victor, How do you do those crazy pictures? They are so great, Man! HA!

Sincerely, Jess.

#85150 - 02/21/03 10:19 PM Re: Air Force Acadamey Cadets Claim Rape Reports Went Unheeded
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Yeh Victor: come on share it with us. Maybe we can start a cartoon post. Pleeeeezzzz put it in everyday language so my small brain can grasp the concept

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#85151 - 02/22/03 12:03 AM Re: Air Force Acadamey Cadets Claim Rape Reports Went Unheeded
Chey-Wy Offline
MaleSurvivor

I found what I was looking for! Waumie!!!!!!!! where is the graemlin for HOORAY

Not hooray for what happened but hooray for me finding it.

This is the CNN report on the incident

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/news/sto...124.htm&sc=1110

I went to 9news Denver and they linked me to The Denver Post ( they are both owned by the same company

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36%257E53%257E1194092%257E,00.html

I was wrong about it being male cadets. I guess that probably I assumed this morning and you know what they say about assume? Assume makes an ass out of you and me

Like I said earlier. I will be watching this one very closely.

John

#85152 - 02/22/03 02:28 PM Re: Air Force Acadamey Cadets Claim Rape Reports Went Unheeded
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Quote:
I found what I was looking for! Waumie where is the graemlin for HOORAY
John how about this one:

I read both stories. It makes me sick becuz these women were raped & these perps are having their sorry arses covered.

Of course this is bad for those women, not to mention its not doing those rapists any favors and it again makes our military & our nation look like arses.

It's also bad becuz again it makes all men look bad, and reinforces the societal notion that victims are always women, and victimizers are always men... \:\(

Victor

#85153 - 02/22/03 04:08 PM Re: Air Force Acadamey Cadets Claim Rape Reports Went Unheeded
Little_E Offline
Member & Volunteer
MaleSurvivor
Loc: London UK
yeah, abuse in youth organiations make me sick!! I am a Scout leader (sea scouts) with my local group! And if any one of my kids came to me and told me that they where being raped/abused I would not let their voice go unheard. And do EVERY thing in my power to get them to safty, and away from their perps!!

I just wish that if one of them where being Abused they would have enough corage to come and tell me! Unlike me, who has keep the silence for too long now!!

We have a responsebility to procect and to care! Not to Abuse and to destroy! Life is shit enought and kids dont need that shit happening to them, Specialy in London! GOD I had a nuff problems growing up, I realy didnt need my SA on top!!

DISTUBED VISIONS OF AN UNDERWORLD!!

#85154 - 02/22/03 06:27 PM Re: Air Force Acadamey Cadets Claim Rape Reports Went Unheeded
Jess Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Little_e:

Thanks for your comments here. I wish you had been the Scout Leader for one of our "Brothers" at the time he was abused in childhood. You can read his story under the Articles section of Male Survivor. His story is listed under the heading of Adult Survivors and the title of his article is - No One Was There: One survivors' journey by Fr. Robert D. Wheelock. It is very sad and may trigger some memories so proceed with Caution and be Forewarned.

We as adult survivors have to "BE THERE" for the children, teens, adult men and other vulnerable persons who may be at risk. I am now aware of some of the signs which may be exhibited by boys, teenage young men, and adult men who have been sexually victimized and I am doing what I can to help them to speak up and not be silent about what happened to them and to help them get professional help with Therapists and Support Groups. But especially to be a sympathetic and supportive person who can help them through the initial trauma of sa and to avoid the silence which only heaps on the shame, guilt, fear and psychological damage that it can cause.

Thanks for sharing here, and for being the support you are to all of us here.

Sincerely, Jess.

#85155 - 03/11/03 12:29 PM Re: Air Force Acadamey Cadets Claim Rape Reports Went Unheeded
Chey-Wy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Here is the latest on the Rape scandal at the Air Force Academy. 54 women have reported being raped. I talked with my T yesterday and he said that, like me, he wonders when some men will come forward. My T is ex-airforce. There is an unwritten code that you don't "rat" on an uperclassman. That is why the female rapes occured. He said that he would bet money that some of the same men that were using theit power over these women were using the same power over men.

But, my T also said that these men will probably never come forward out of fear of ruining their military carreers.

http://www.9news.com/storyfull.asp?id=12041

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36%257E27375%257E1235155%257E,00.html

I'll keep you posted on any new developments

John

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.