Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
3 registered (CafeMan, wearytraveler, Greg56), 24 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63773 Topics
445359 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#85112 - 01/17/03 11:42 PM Hazing?!?!?!
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
I heard on the local news tonight an update on a story about an incident of "hazing" at a nearby school. Whether or not it was the news reporter or the school or the legal system calling this hazing wasn't made very clear.

*******TRIGGER WARNING*******ANAL ABUSE*******
The "hazing" incident involved about a half dozen
boys taking another boy into a bathroom, stripping
him and raping (my term, not there's) him anally with a writing pen!

I guess since these perverts didn't use their p*nises (or a d*ldo, or their fingers?!), this horror didn't qualify as r*pe or SA, just "hazing."

Hazing, my arse! I don't care if they were blowing smoke up his *ss--which is what whoever is trying to tell us this was "hazing" seems to be doing!
****************END TRIGGER WARNING**************

This was sexual abuse--period!

At the risk of sounding sexist, I gotta ask the question: Had this been done to a girl--whether by boys or by other girls--would it have been called hazing? :rolleyes:

Another example of our societal sexism, sexist double standards, and sexual stereotyping.

In living color--just like what almost ended up on my carpet after I heard this puke!

Your news reporter signing off...

Victor

#85113 - 01/18/03 08:33 AM Re: Hazing?!?!?!
guy43 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
I constantly wonder about the accuracy and bias of the news media in general. It'll be interesting to see if anything more is reported on this incident and if they change their 'tune' to reflect what really happened to that kid.

What happens now to that kid? I'd guess everyone in that school knows who the parties involved are. Can he ever have a hope for living down the noteriety and reason (whatever is was) that the rape occured in the first place?

I'd hope that most of the school children and administration would have sympathy/empathy for him.

jer

#85114 - 01/18/03 01:23 PM Re: Hazing?!?!?!
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Hi Victor,

Is there an address of the local newspaper available--I would definitely like to write a letter to the editor.

Bob

#85115 - 01/18/03 06:19 PM Re: Hazing?!?!?!
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
this sort of thing just makes me so angry, and I bet some bastard said "well, boys will be boys" or some such crap !!

Dave

#85116 - 01/18/03 09:55 PM Re: Hazing?!?!?!
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Jer, yeah I hope so. Sadly it'll probably be more like Dave says, people saying "boys will be boys"--and unfortunately probably not just students!

Bob, I'm sorry but I wasn't really watching the TV (it was on TV) when the story caught my attention. Then I got so pissed off I wasn't paying any attention to what station or anything.

But I do remember it was something local not national, and no doubt there have been newspaper articles about it. Hopefully I can track them down, and the station that gave this ignorant & callous report. Then I can write them too!

Victor

#85117 - 01/19/03 06:33 AM Re: Hazing?!?!?!
Mark S Offline

Loc: England
Is it ignorance or stupidity that allows anyone to report an incident in those terms. It really makes my blood boil

When you here this sort of crap and like Dave said it probably will be put down to 'boy's will be boy's' What about the victim!!!

Mark

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.