Newest Members
KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5, smc1972
12419 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
camdon (30), camdon greenwood (30), Denise (72), getteddie (66), morgoth (24), Ric (66)
Who's Online
3 registered (Sojourn Survivor, 2 invisible), 30 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12419 Members
74 Forums
63767 Topics
445324 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#84985 - 09/09/02 11:20 PM ooooh, lets listen to the priests now...
orodo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Imladris, The Safe Haven of Ar...
It is better to be Dragon Master than Dragon Slayer. Some Dragons are meant to be mastered, others meant to be slain. Odin, Great Spirit, God, grant me the wisdom to know the difference. "May the Valar guide and bless you on your path under the sky"

#84986 - 09/10/02 02:16 PM Re: ooooh, lets listen to the priests now...
Chey-Wy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cheyenne, WY

Guys I will try to control myself and my language ... but also am giving you fair warning. This topic really PISSES ME OFF.

As many of my friends in the NOMSV Chat room know, I was seeing a minister ( a perp) at my church ( Presbyterian) for some counseling regarding issues I was having about being gay and my parents unwillingness to accept me for the person I am. ( Unfortunately my parents will never accept my being gay) But instead of counseling me, this perp ( bastard) was grooming me for the right opportunity to come along so that he could rape me. He finally got his oportunity when I went to him and told him about another rape ( a family friend ) The minister convinced me that "what he was doing to me was " therapy" ( YEA RIGHT)

Back to the topic at hand. I have gone to the local church asking them for some help in resolving this issue with the national church only to get that the Presbyterinan Church USA says that this is a local church issue and that it needs to be dealt with at the local level. And the local church just thumbs their nose at me .... and tells me "that it is my problem and I need to deal with it.

Why do the churches insist on protecting these ( I have a word in mind but would probably be banned from posting if I put it in here) PERPS, and in the same breath do nothing to help the victums ( I'm trying to be a survivor) of these horific crimes.

I'm too upset to write any more right now ... I may add to this later .... Just needed to let someone know how upset I am about the churches refusal to do anything.

Yeah, the good Lord gave us mountains,
So we could learn how to climb

#84987 - 09/11/02 09:20 PM Re: ooooh, lets listen to the priests now...
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI

Hi Chey,

I am always sorry to hear of families that cannot accept a person who is their own flesh and blood and who is gay. I really had thought that such ignorance was passing on to oblivion, but clearly it is not. I hope you do not get your value for yourself from what they think of you. They are misguided to say the least.

In your church the local congreqation, i think, is still a part of a P{resbytery. I would think that you could report this perp to the prebytery.
i am not sure.

Churchs are terrified of hearing out the victims because of the fear of multi million dollar law suits. I believe that is the bottom line. As a result, we, church people, let the fear of lawsuits overcome our natural desire to be pastoral.

I am a priest. In so far as I can, I apologise yto all of you who have been a bused by clergy and then further abused by church bodies. It is one of the saddest times in the history of christianity in my opinion.

Maybe we can talk about this on the chat somnight Chey.

Your brother,
Bob

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.