Newest Members
myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise, kieran
12463 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blakanezebruh (43), OneWithStrength (37), Parker (45), scottyg (42)
Who's Online
3 registered (crabbott, aniceguy, 1 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12463 Members
74 Forums
63990 Topics
446621 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#84928 - 12/27/06 04:01 PM Paedophile, 73, who preyed on boys jailed
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
A PROLIFIC paedophile with a history of indecent assaults on boys dating back nearly 50 years has been jailed indefinitely after being found naked in bed with an 11-year-old.
Gordon Hague, aged 73, was caught by police in bed with the boy, who was also naked, at his home on Eastern Avenue, Arbourthorne.
The pensioner, who was first convicted of indecent assault on a boy under 14 in 1957, was arrested and pleaded guilty to indecent assault.
Prosecutor Richard Newbury said Hague, who is deaf, had been grooming the youngster by providing him with food, videos and toys, and on the night of the assault had allowed him to drink alcohol.
Sheffield Crown Court heard the boy made frequent visits to Hague's house, telling his mother he was going to a friend's.
She became worried when she could not get hold of her son on his mobile phone, so went round to Hague's house and called the police when he did not answer the door.
The court heard Hague, who had a 34 year gap in offending, told officers in interview the boy was "to blame" for the incident.
David Webster, defending, said the boy was "clearly a difficult child, his own mother speaks of his behavioural and emotional problems".
"Perhaps this 73-year-old was not wholly in control of this particular encounter with this 11-year-old."
Judge John Swanson imprisoned Hague for the public's protection and said he must serve at least two years, taking into account the 267 days he has already spent in custody, before being eligible for parole.
On his release, Hague will not be allowed to approach or communicate with anyone aged under 16.
Judge Swanson told him: "You are 73. You have until the early 1970s quite an astonishing record of being before the courts for indecent assaults on males under 16 or even 14, the latter being the more common.
"You are a prolific offender. Sexual assault on a child is a serious sexual offence and I have to consider how dangerous you are to persons in society.
"In spite of the fact you have been out of trouble with the courts for a substantial amount of time, your psychological report against you says you have always had the instincts of a paedophile and regards you as a serious risk, particularly to young boys, if you are at large in the community."
After the court case Hague's neighbour of 34 years Annie Gray, 82, said: "I couldn't say anything bad about him. He'll die in prison -this will break his heart."
And Sister Josie Norris, a nun who also lives on Eastern Avenue, added: "He's a vulnerable, easily-led old man.
"He's going to lose his house. This whole thing's a nightmare."

#84929 - 12/28/06 04:58 AM Re: Paedophile, 73, who preyed on boys jailed
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

All these people care about is that it's a shame such an old man is going to "die in prison"? His age didn't keep him from assaulting children. And the defending lawyer's statements make my blood boil. It's OK to molest children if you're elderly and the kid is a brat?

Bad word....badword badword!

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#84930 - 12/28/06 12:09 PM Re: Paedophile, 73, who preyed on boys jailed
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Its always the victims fault, and just because he had a 34yr gap without being caught, he is obviously a serious risk to kids.

I cant even bear to think what this kid is going to suffer, with neighbours knowing what happened,

ste

#84931 - 12/28/06 01:00 PM Re: Paedophile, 73, who preyed on boys jailed
duncanUK Offline
MaleSurvivor

let the bastard die in jail!!! its the classic od thing blame the victim. Life should mean life not two years.

They only care about the perp as mentioned earlier. The old man was easily lead like fuck he was. If i had my way i would hang the bastard in public with a plaque saying his full name and the crimes he committed perhaps that might put some fear into them as they put fear into their victims.

duncan

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.