Newest Members
ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers
12505 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
5 registered (iaccus, myrlin, TJ jeff, 2 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12505 Members
74 Forums
64198 Topics
447998 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#84873 - 12/10/06 04:14 PM EXCLUSIVE He was TOO FAT to attend rehab lessons..
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
EXCLUSIVE He was TOO FAT to attend rehab lessons.. & has served just HALF his sentence* *AT LEAST HE CAN'T GO MISSING TOO EASILY

A 40-STONE paedophile was let out of jail early with no rehabilitation - because he was so fat he couldn't get up a flight of stairs to the room where the course was held.

Britain's fattest prisoner, Frederick McClure, 44, served just half of his five-year sentence for child sex offences - despite failing to undergo any courses to control his lust for children.

The former professional DJ also refused to carry out an offending behaviour work course designed to reduce a paedophile's risk of reoffending. When he was released from Risley Prison, in Warrington, Cheshire last week McClure, aided by two crutches, gasped for breath as he struggled to walk to a waiting car.

Huffing and puffing, the paedo was driven to Leigh police station in Greater Manchester to register with cops, then went for a pub lunch.

Prison chiefs were delighted to see the back of McClure, as he was costing them almost 35,000 a year for a nurse to bathe him and change his socks.

He had to be taken to hospital by taxi to be weighed - the prison did not have scales big enough.

And when his family visited him he had to take a bus from the vulnerable persons' wing to the visitors' area as he could not walk the 200 yards.

McClure groomed a 14-year-old boy before subjecting him to a sickening attack in his bedroom.

The boy kept quiet for 20 years, but broke his silence when he saw McClure at a social function.

Yvonne Trainer, chief executive of the Rape And Sexual Abuse Support Centre, said: "Doesn't the criminal justice system understand how much courage it takes for a victim to come forward? You would like to think that these people are being punished, but it's clearly not the case. People come out more dangerous than when they went in as they have learnt tricks inside. It's frightening."

McClure has been on a diet since he was jailed in 2003 - when he was 31 stone - but has continued to pile on the pounds.

A jail source said: "We tried to control his diet but kept finding him stuffing his face with Mars bars. It's a disgrace that he has been let off the course because he was too fat to get to it."

Norman Brennan of the Victims of Crime Trust said: "He could be out of sight for just five minutes to commit the vile types of crime for which he was convicted. He is a timebomb waiting to go off."

A Prison Service spokeswoman said: "Prison staff work hard to encourage offenders to address or change their behaviour but some simply refuse."

#84874 - 12/10/06 04:53 PM Re: EXCLUSIVE He was TOO FAT to attend rehab lessons..
sis Offline

Loc: Arizona
Hey, do you know how it was that this man was convicted for something that happened 20 yrs ago, in a criminal case? where was this? do you know? if there were anyway at all that i could pursue criminal charges against my perp. i would. the events for me happened over 30 years ago and my son 20 years ago. i have been told that because it was so long ago nothing criminal could be done. i have read that i could probably go for a civil suit and i probably will but i would really like to see this man go to prison for the torment he has put my family through and continued until last month when i got my protective order against him. He can no longer contact or see me or any of my kids. it's good for a year and each year i'll get another, until he dies. Anyway, sorry it's alittle long and off subject but this is very interesting to me. as far as this guy getting out of jail without treatment because of his weight, just bull shit, just more bullshit!!! light and luv,sis

#84875 - 12/10/06 05:06 PM Re: EXCLUSIVE He was TOO FAT to attend rehab lessons..
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I live in UK, so you can pursue these cases, but as you see he spent two and a half years when the kid gets life.

At least he is too fat to run or hide from anybody, I guess someone will be looking out for him.

There should be NO time limits on cases such as this, never,

ste

#84876 - 12/10/06 06:46 PM Re: EXCLUSIVE He was TOO FAT to attend rehab lessons..
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Was he so considerable when he offended? The way he's been described, I don't think he'll be successful at any near-future grooming attempts, nor will he be particularly capable of some kind of violent assault.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#84877 - 12/10/06 10:06 PM Re: EXCLUSIVE He was TOO FAT to attend rehab lessons..
sis Offline

Loc: Arizona
No there should be no time limit for cases like these. i didn't really know the damage until now. i really didn't know for sure it happened until now. i blocked everything out. he should have to pay for what he has done. maybe something will change here in the us and he might still get busted. god is pretty powerful. i wouldn't trust this guy if he weighed a ton. their sick minds will think of some kind of sick way to victimize whether they move fast or not at all. light and luv, sis

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.