Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
7 registered (Jay1946, Tarobuns108, 4 invisible), 52 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63217 Topics
442043 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#84866 - 12/08/06 09:49 PM Courageous cops UK flavor!
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Full story!

Yeah, they give him a police record for five years which is a lifetime for a 12yo.
If they cant catch the real baddies they abuse the kids just before christmas.

How fuckin heartless is this story, and how would a little kid think of authorieties?
STOP! Criminalizing kids for now reason, bastards.

SCHOOLBOY Joshua Harden received a five year police warning for riding a toy scooter outside his home.

The 12-year-old used the 160 Bella scooter to visit his pal five doors down from his house in Walton.

But he was spotted by police who seized the scooter and sent him before the youth offending team which issued the warning - the equivalent of two cautions.

His parents, of Hornby Close, accused Merseyside police of punishing Joshua in place of other youngsters who ride mini motorbikes anti-socially.

Merseyside police said there could be no exceptions to the law.

Joshua's mother, Tracey, 40, said: "I bought the scooter when Joshua was nine. It runs on batteries.

"But we have since learned that afterwards the law was changed to classify even that as a motor vehicle."

Mrs Harden, a supermarket worker, added: "At the youth offenders meeting we were treated likehe was a serial killer."

Her motor mechanic husband, Sean, said: "I have a garage with a fore-court where Joshua can legally use the scooter. All the police had to do is explain the law and we would have obeyed."

Until his record is cleared when Joshua turns 17, if he commits even a minor offence, he will be automatically charged and sent to court.

Paul Unsworth, Merseyside police inspector for Warbreck and Fazakerley, said: "We have spent the last 18 months informing people about damage to property, that they are dangerous and must be insured and registered for the highways.

"They are a nice family and Joshua is a decent lad.

"But although they consider the scooter is a toy, the law regards it as a mechanically propelled vehicle."

#84867 - 12/10/06 04:56 PM Re: Courageous cops UK flavor!
sis Offline

Loc: Arizona
Yeah, Quit pickin on the kids and go get the real bad guys or are they alittle afraid to do that. What would the attention do to their career or are they just chicken shit! just my opinion. light and luv, sis

#84868 - 12/10/06 06:42 PM Re: Courageous cops UK flavor!
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

They are totally freakin scared of the real baddies so they pick on a little kid and give him an early Christmas present. \:\(

Guess they got a crime statistic and the cop who did it went home to abuse his own kids and they all lived their sad lives happily as they could,

ste

#84869 - 12/10/06 10:13 PM Re: Courageous cops UK flavor!
sis Offline

well, that makes sense a coward won't go after the real bad guys cuz their scared and a coward will go home and abuse his kids cuz their scared. if they treated someone with the same ammount of power, like someone his own size, the way they treat the kids, they are scared they just might get hurt. total coward. light and luv,sis

#84870 - 12/10/06 10:37 PM Re: Courageous cops UK flavor!
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Discretion has been lost by the cops, and because they pay so little money they attract the wrong type of cops.

Anyone who can show he has power, even though its over a little boy should not be there.

I treat them as perps,

ste

#84871 - 12/11/06 01:14 PM Re: Courageous cops UK flavor!
sis Offline

ste,
i treat them as perps too, because they are. i have often related the cops and the criminals in the same light. the only differnce is that a cop can commit a crime in the name of justice, he has a gun and a badge and can justify his actions. please let me say that if there are cops on this site, i don't mean to clump you all together and i am sure there are some good and meaningful cops out there but the ones i have met had to get out of the business because most are just like perps and they couldn't go against the system without much harm to their reputations and sometimes their very lives. they went into it thinking that they could really help and found that not only were they having to fight the bad guys but their own colleages as well. light and luv, sis

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.