Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobdaFarmer61 (53), LeeM1974 (40), MATROS48 (57), victor valdez (40)
Who's Online
8 registered (healinglove, JW1230, learning2remember, Dave PNW, 3 invisible), 24 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64007 Topics
446734 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#84743 - 11/09/06 11:14 PM Man sues parents and Scouts over abuse
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
I'm not sure what to think about this one. A big desire to stay outta the spotlight and away from publicity kept me from even considering any lawsuit against the church counselor from my past.

**Possible triggers**

Click HERE for the story.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#84744 - 11/13/06 04:09 PM Re: Man sues parents and Scouts over abuse
sis Offline

Loc: Arizona
Hey FormerTexan,
This is the first time to venture over here to the news forum for me, interesting so far. What i think about this one is this. Good for Him!!! I am a female survivor and visit F&f often. I have a son and a brother who are also survivors, that's why i came to this site. I am the only one in my family who has started the healing process from csa and i'm here to tell ya that it sucks, but then you know that or you probably wouldn't be here either. My perp. or one of them is my stepfather. He and my mom have tried to send me to the looney bin, gone around all of my wishes and continued to bring the perp around my family behind my back. 3 months after my suicide attempt, my mom brought the perp. to one of my son's house in another state, the one son that the perp. got to. I believe that they were trying to get me to try again, suicide. I had been having tiny fragments of memory coming back and the perp. knew it. They were both afraid that he might get cought or something so they put more emotional pressure on me. So, i decided to fight them. I was able to get a protective order against the perp. for deeds that he had done so many years ago. Now it is my time to heal but i am not done. There will be a civil suit filed when i am strong enough. Recently i had been thinking about including my mom in the suit for her part. 1, not protecting us. 2, for emotional damage as she protected the perp.
Now this is not for the money, even though i have lost everything my career included. This is to show the people that you can and will get busted even if it takes 30 yrs. In my opinion the ones who protect them should also be held accountable, period. Light and luv, Sis
Oh, one more thing. I will tell anyone who asked what he did and even people who don't. I don't care if i am in the public. It;s the secrets that keep us sick and the perp. too. SO, Listen up world I've got news!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.