Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
2 registered (bluesky, Doubter), 48 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63106 Topics
441316 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#84734 - 11/04/06 01:35 PM No kidding
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6083674.stm

Quote:
"When children cannot get through, they feel even more alone and without hope," I think what they feel is desperate, and cheated. It takes considerable courage to make the first call, and if that call is not answered, I can imagine many not being able to call again.
Quote:
ChildLine is now part and parcel of everyday life. For a small charity it has made a huge impact say childcare experts. It is hard to imagine what children in crisis did before it existed. Who did they speak to?
Nobody!

#84735 - 11/14/06 09:20 PM Re: No kidding
sis Offline

Loc: Arizona
We are lucky to have a victim tell once. I also agree with the above. If the victim has enough guts to make the first call and he/she gets no response then it might be unlikely that they will make that call again. They already feel that know body cares and no response only instills their feelings of worthlessness. I will send blessings to this org. and hope that they continue the good fight, get funding or what ever else they need. light and luv, Sis

#84736 - 11/14/06 10:02 PM Re: No kidding
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Sis, they cannot get funding, but why? Does my Government not fund them!
The whole thing is based on them thinking that csa just goes away.

If I was a kid hanging around a phone waiting for it to be answered knowing my abuser could walk in any time and catch me, I too would hang up, and maybe never go back there.

It takes a lot of strength to make that call, but if you cannot get through, you just think to give up on the idea.

These lines should be like dialing 911, it is an emergency and can in some instances mean the difference between life and death,

ste

#84737 - 11/15/06 03:00 PM Re: No kidding
sis Offline

Loc: Arizona
Ste,
I so agree with you. We can spend billions on what we/ our government sees as a threat to our whatever? i am talking about the war and alot of other BS endeavors, Why can't we help our own children? Yes, we should have a system like 911 for our youngsters. WE also need safe places for these little ones to go once they have disclosed. It can and is a matter of life and death for some. People need to listen up!!! csa and all the after effects do not go away and just get worse if untreated. I don't know what avenue i will be taking to help other survivors but i do know that i will be taking action in what ever way i am led. First things first though!! i have to work on my own recovery first so that i will have something to offer. I will also have to be strong enough to handle all of the let downs, the blocks, and dealing with people who just either don't give a shit or are blinded by their own denial. I am really glad to here about this group. Ideally what i would like to see happen, and i don't suspect it will ever work this way, but what i would like to see happen is after the call. The officials get the perp. and the victimis get handed over to another survivor who can truly help in that childs healing. Foster care is not the answer, lots of perps there. institutions are not the answer, very cold and more abuse. Maybe a STATE or FEDERALY funded home with lots of love and lots of real help, maybe even ran by survivors. We have lots of rehabs for alcohol and drug abuse but none for csa survivors. If we had such places for these little ones then maybe we wouldn't need so many drug rehabs inthe future? Just adream but who knows? Thanks for sharing your thoughts. light and luv, Sis

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.