Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
4 registered (pufferfish, 3 invisible), 50 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63116 Topics
441393 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#84720 - 11/17/06 09:53 PM Re: The Pope finally speaks out
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I trust God, I dont trust the Pope even though I should.
He has no right to protect the church in the face of shielding child abusers.

I have met many great men in the church who are a lot holier than this man, and let us not forget that he is just a man, and one who can justify shielding child abuse is no man of God.

I guess Satan wins sometimes, and men of God are really followers of Satan.
The Pope is one person who catholics should be able to look up to.

Who do you trust?

ste

#84721 - 11/17/06 10:01 PM Re: The Pope finally speaks out
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
The Pope is part of the Vatican, a pretty shady place to say the least.

If the Pope reads the Bible the way I do, it says that whomsoever will hurt the little ones will be damned for eternity with a millstone hung around their neck.

Any one act of child abuse, does not put a cleric beyond the law of the land nor Gods law.
God is cleverer than me and you, and he made the laws that matter.

No Pope is going to say that he can shield abuse because he is saving the church, churches exist as places of sanctuary to the hurt and lost.

How can he shield child abusers without atoning for his sins of complicity in abuse of children!
Tell the truth Pope, or do you need little ste to tell you how,

ste

#84722 - 11/21/06 02:37 PM Re: The Pope finally speaks out
sis Offline

Loc: Arizona
ste and the others,
i can't trust any person or religion or group, or anyone, who justifies doing rape, molestation, slavery, any unloving dark acts in the name of god. That is just such bullshit. I started to see something seriously wrong with organized religion long ago. Wait a minute!! I am sorry that you people believe that god is out to get you if you screw up. I lived in fear my whole life. That wasn't going to work with me. and now later, after all of this crap with priests and pastors of churchs sexually abusing children and other things. i am so glad that i followed my own path to god. it is harder alittle because there is no one to tell you specific instructions, like they do in church. But it is more rewarding as i have to go directly to the source through real prayer and meditation, it takes effort. but atleast then i know that my information is correct and if i am on a path that i shouldn't be heading in i can trust my gut to guide me. just as it did to avoid organized religion. Light and luv, Sis

#84723 - 11/21/06 02:48 PM Re: The Pope finally speaks out
sis Offline

Loc: Arizona
Broken hearted,
Yes, i believe that alot of them have been molested too,( the priests ). I have often asked myself "what were these religous people thinking when they made the rules? No sex, no wife, no masterbation because i think that may be a sin,????? we are hormonal animals. Sex is a physiological need as well as an emotional need. like food and water. This is meant as a joke but i have said this. After awhile (without) for me, the cat starts to look good!! I can imagine their minds can get qutite twisted, hence we get perps. Anyway, the rules are made to benifit the ones who make them and to be borken only by those who make them. It's all bullshit to me. light and luv,Sis

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.