Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
1 registered (traveler), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63578 Topics
444191 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#84698 - 11/26/06 02:26 PM Re: RIP Adam Rickwood
sis Offline

Loc: Arizona
Ste,
Right on!!! I have probably missed the series. i live in the US. Ayway i wish i could have seen that. Keep up the good work. Oh, I so hope that someone is listening. That the right person or persons will be placed in your path to help you on this spiritual endeavor. Light and luv, sis

#84699 - 11/26/06 03:23 PM Re: RIP Adam Rickwood
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Sis, Adam and the other kids never died for nothing.
The news all week dedicated to others who have been held in detention with mental problems.

Eminent psyche docs telling the public just how horrific it would be for kids with problems like this! What away to kill off a young life.

There are a lot of dedicated ppl in a website, who keep the pressure up, and they have got views of prominent child psyches etc.

Whatever happens here tends to happen in the USA, and if it doesnt, you can lobby for it,

ste

#84700 - 11/26/06 05:11 PM Re: RIP Adam Rickwood
sis Offline

Ste,
i will keep up with your posts and learn as much as i can. I am doing my recovery work and i do plan on beating this thing or atleast coming to terms with it and i am expecting healing and happiness. Who knows maybe i will lobby for it here in the US?? Only god knows what is to be. What i do know though is that love is stronger than hate and spirit is love. With enough love anything is possible. Keep up the good work. light and luv,sis

#84701 - 11/26/06 08:11 PM Re: RIP Adam Rickwood
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

This is a human rights document that was put before parliament by Inquest, a group who work on behalf of these cases of death in custody.

source

Quote:
The death of Adam Rickwood—youngest child to die in custody of the State

Since Gareth's death another child has died—14 year old Adam Rickwood, the youngest death in custody ever recorded. He was found hanging in his room in Hassockfield secure training centre. His family have raised their concerns over his vulnerability and the suicide risk he posed. He had allegedly been restrained shortly before his subsequent death by hanging. The family had raised their concerns about his mental state with staff at the centre. His death raises serious concerns about what suicide prevention policies and procedures were in place in Hassockfield given the known vulnerability of the children accommodated there.

Following Adam's death there has been no comment from either the Prisons Minister or the Home Secretary. Instead the Home Office issued a statement to BBC Radio 4 stating that they will await the coroner's recommendations. This is a matter of real concern as there is likely to be considerable delay (as we set out below) between Adam's death and any inquest. (Again there are concerns about the way in which his family were treated following his death. Until INQUEST contacted the family via the Youth Justice Board they had received no information about where to go for advice and support from any of the State agencies involved.)

Call for public inquiry into the treatment of children in the criminal justice system

These two deaths make the call for a public inquiry into the treatment of children within the criminal justice system even more pressing and we would urge the committee to support such a recommendation as supported by the families of Joseph Scholes, Gareth Myatt and Adam Rickwood.

#84702 - 11/27/06 06:38 PM Re: RIP Adam Rickwood
sis Offline

Hi ste,
I read the entire thing. It sounds like some people are doing alot of work here for justice. Are these orders that are now in place? or are they still working on them. They also mentioned kids with no history of mental disorders, in the beginning. How do they know that most of these people, especially the children, don't have mental disorders? Did any of them get psychological exams prior to incarceration? I don't remember reading about this being an issue? Csa and other traumas cause mental disorders. The cases talked about here where force " accidently Killed" That is just straight up abuse. the others talked about where the kids ( and others) took their own lives well that's neglect. But where does the psychological assessment of these people come into play? Just left wondering that's all. light and luv, sis

#84703 - 11/27/06 08:48 PM Re: RIP Adam Rickwood
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Sis, I can guarantee that all these kids were not seen by psychiatrists.
They should not have to endure this method of incarcaration unless they are a danger to others.

Far better to find out why the kid is doing things than lock them away in jails.

The debate I posted is ongoing and likely to take time, however the recent exposure in the news will kick start the process needed.

They are citing serious ongoing abuses of the human rights act, and every Court, including parliament have a duty to put human rights first when dealing with issues.

It will move forward, even if it has to go to Europe to have it ratified, then Governments need to act to stop this abuse.

The lawyers, psychiatrists and barristers all give their time for nothing, in order to push this through, and they have pretty good lawyers!

Let us just hope it goes through quickly enough to protect other lives,

ste

#84704 - 11/28/06 03:44 PM Re: RIP Adam Rickwood
sis Offline

ste,
Yes, lets hope and pray that this goes through quickly so that we can save a life or many lives. How would i go about finding out what the laws are here, in the US reguarding mandatory psych. evals for children being incarcerated? Even if a child is a danger to another it dosen't mean that they need to be put into prison so they can learn how to really be bad. A mental hospital where the child could get help. That should be the first consideration. Yes, i believe that there are some children who have very dark energy. Some that have already murdered and raped and have become perpetrators themselves who need to be incarcerated to protect the public but they are still children and we have to atleast be able to offer some sort of psych. help for them while they are incarcerated. Find out what led them to this behavior in the first place. Maybe i am a little naive but i truly believe that love can heal almost anything. thank you for keeeping me up to date. light and luv, sis

#84705 - 11/28/06 09:50 PM Re: RIP Adam Rickwood
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Sis, the laws are in place, they are called the Human rights laws which were put in after the second world war.

They are there for ordinary folk to have these laws implemented through Parliament in UK, or any court herin.

If you have no satisfaction, you can appeal to the Hague, which has a superior court on human rights.

Governments try to avoid the latter, and will deal with it in their own country, as the Hague has swingeing powers over human rights law.

The US just as us, try to deny human rights, but they are basic values that must be met.
The very right to live without being abused by institution or authority.

If it is a criminal offence to abuse in society, then it is also criminal to let abuse happen in institutions of any type.

The law is generic in that we were born with these rights, and anybody can challenge a state to apply them.

Sadly the UK locks up more kids than anywhere in Europe, its sad,

ste

#84706 - 11/28/06 11:28 PM Re: RIP Adam Rickwood
sis Offline

ste,
i have often not felt of this plain. like i was stuck somewhere between water, air, and earth. i hope you have a sense of humor!! Don't you feel squashed stuck between such powerful forces (LOL).
i think that would describe how alot of us feel. no harm intended. i just caught myself thinking about that last night and wondered, if you have thought of that. i know this is off subject but humor me. thank you again for keeping me up to date on all this. sounds to me that you are by far pretty educated on these matters and i give kudos to you for that. somebody has to do it. light and luv, sis

#153721 - 05/01/07 01:51 PM Re: RIP Adam Rickwood [Re: sis]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Sis, I use these forces as fire has no place left in my life.

An inquest opened today on this boy, and his mother was there
with a load of supporters who are demanding a full inquiry
into his death.

Its not a question of if, but when an inquiry is held.
Please pray for his mother Carole, who is still so
devastated by his tragic loss,

ste

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.