Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
2 registered (Suwanee, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63233 Topics
442179 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#84687 - 11/16/06 04:41 PM Re: RIP Adam Rickwood
sis Offline

Loc: Arizona
God how sad!!! Yes, education is key!! I have often thought that i will start with the schools. The teachers see a hell of alot of our youngsters for long periods of time. They have to be taught the behavoirs to look for in csa victims and they have to be given an avenue to help them. HELLO!!!! Why do you think that an 8 yr old is beligerent, unruley, and talking about sex and killing people? Maybe there is a problem somewhere folks. people need to pay attention. We have to make them, force them to see. light and luv,sis

#84688 - 11/16/06 11:00 PM Re: RIP Adam Rickwood
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Sis, its no use going in at this level, you will just make things worse.

I noted that the judiciary are the ones to approach first, because it is they who are doing the judging and not the cops.

If a child appears in Court on a charge of causing grievious harm to another, then the Court should apply for psychiatrists reports on the mental state of the kid.

OK maybe I read to much into this case, but adam was a kid who just went off the rails when his grandparents died, and for no reason just flipped.

His dad was a trucker and his mom just treated him as a son that she could not reach.

Adam in my own view must have been extremely provoked to attack this man, and there must have been only one way out when he did such a thing.

I have to be in adams mind because nobody else would be, and if it was me, I guess the situation would have been the same.

adam is right, anywhere is better than being alone, and he knows, just like my little guy,

ste

#84689 - 11/16/06 11:11 PM Re: RIP Adam Rickwood
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

adam had nobody to LISTEN, someone who could just have listened could maybe save his life \:\(

maybe!

ste

#84690 - 11/17/06 12:55 PM Re: RIP Adam Rickwood
sis Offline

Ste, if the school level is not the way to go then what? I am heartbroken at the lossed that we see everyday. i am heartbroken at my own lossed too. i feel the need to act on the behalf of the children everywhere who are just screwed by their families, and the system. I hate it!!! I know that i have some way to go in my own recovery and that right now i am pulling my own life and family back together(kids) but someday, sooner than later, i am going to really try and help. I have a few plans in that area but my plans don't help the kids who are abused at home or by someone they know. that's the way it happened to me and my male survivors. those are the kids who i really want to help. it;s like they are invisible. No one askes and they are too afraid to tell. Anyway, i really do love to here you stand up for these kids. they need people who really care!!!! light and luv, sis

#84691 - 11/17/06 06:20 PM Re: RIP Adam Rickwood
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Sis, its no good just thinking you are a saviour to the children, and even we can get it so wrong if we lose control.

Its never a good idea to just do something without an expert guiding you in this.
Things have already started rolling in the UK thanks to Kirk.

It is best to write stuff down and go over it from all angles, and it has to be to the point.
A truthful informative approach is the best way to go.

If it is totally true and non judgemental, then nobody can trash it, that is why stuff takes me ages to get together, because I am constantly thinking about the problem,

ste

#84693 - 11/21/06 12:53 PM Re: RIP Adam Rickwood
sis Offline

Ste
You are right about the aproach of being objective and not subjective. I have on many occasions blown my cool with my own family about this matter. just like a hurt little kid. It got me no where, other than them justifying their denial and refusal to deal me because of my outbursts. The perp all the while in the back round drinking his coffee out by the pool, just listening to my broken family fight. I havn't had an emotional outburst in a while. I know that if i am ever to be taken seriously that i hve to handle things just as you say. I am working on that composure. The perps are smart, the system is in denial, and i can see now that this is something that needs careful consideration. Expert guidance would be a plus. just where do you find such guidance? i get alot of my guidance through meditation and for the last few years everything that i have needed in my life has just been there without too much effort on my part. I suppose that when it is time to make a move on my part the right people or person will be put in my path. I don't want to be one of these people to talk about all the injustices done to our children and who does nothing. But i also don't want to be a hot head and undue any of the progress that is already taking place. As my step dad has done for years " yep, just look at her, she's crazy, how can you believe a word anyone sais who acts like her" Anyway, i don't have a need to think of myself as a savior of the children as a matter of fact if i could do anything, even pushing paper and pen, doing resaearch, whatevver ? then i would feel as if i am helping the problem. thanks again for the insite. light and luv,sis

#84694 - 11/21/06 01:05 PM Re: RIP Adam Rickwood
sis Offline

jacobk,
yes, very sad that we/ society has let this BS get so out of hand. And just as troubling is the fact that it has to be brought up as an issue. Thinking that it just goes away, brushing it under the rug, and punishing the kids for thier coping behavoirs is not the answer either. Why are people so stupid? or are they? Maybe alot of the ones in charge here are victims themselves or perps, what ever is ging on has to be stopped. light and luv,sis

#84695 - 11/22/06 11:17 PM Re: RIP Adam Rickwood
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

God sure works in mysterious ways.
The UK is starting to look at why kids are locked up instead of being treated by professionals.

It may sound mad, but why did they not think of that! Why? Could they let a child die for nothing.

If we can save one kids life its worth all the money we can have,

ste

#84696 - 11/23/06 02:18 PM Re: RIP Adam Rickwood
sis Offline

Yes one child's life is worth all the money we have.
I don't know that the US is thinking along these lines but i would like to find out. I know of 2 kids who did 60,000.00 dallars worth of damage to a nieghbors house. ages 6 and 11, brothers. all the press could say is that they couldn't believe that 2 children could do so much damage. Not once did they mention what was happening to the children to make them behave that way or psych. evals or anything. Are these going to be 2 more lost children to the system? i hope not and will keep my ears open as to what happens to them. The first thing i thought of when i saw it on the news and saw all the damage that they had done was to say " okay, there is obviously a problem here with these two kids and lets find out what, which one of the parents is the abuser? an uncle, even a mother? who is it? Find out and help the kids. My brother did stuff like that. destroy peoples property with rage and i know where he came from and what caused his hehavoir. light and luv,sis

#84697 - 11/23/06 09:25 PM Re: RIP Adam Rickwood
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Sis, just a heads up on this one.
ITV news have been doing a series all week of the plight of children who are locked up with mental/emotional problems.

The Government are now stepping in with a cautionary approach to this issue.
They have promised to look swiftly into the youth justice program.

I have been working with ppl on projects that get ppl to listen, and hey, maybe its working ;\)

ste

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.